Weekends Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not worried about West Ham one little bit, they're now 8 off us again with inferior GD.

Brighton fixtures over next two months:

Wolves (H)

Luton (A)

Palace (H)

Spurs (a)

Sheffield United (a)

Everton (h)

Fulham (a)

Forest (h)

I could see them getting 18-20 points out of those games so that's the team to be wary of imo.

Bigging up of other teams on here can be bizarre. Other day somebody said our away form will mean Newcastke overtakes us in the table. Then also the Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, United hysteria. Was similar in Championship days

Is probably only 3 teams in the league better than us and with squads to sustain it and thats City, Liverpool and Arsenal and latter is arguable

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not worried about West Ham one little bit, they're now 8 off us again with inferior GD.

Brighton fixtures over next two months:

Wolves (H)

Luton (A)

Palace (H)

Spurs (a)

Sheffield United (a)

Everton (h)

Fulham (a)

Forest (h)

I could see them getting 18-20 points out of those games so that's the team to be wary of imo.

Be interesting to see whether they end up taking their eye off the ball with Europe. Their form while playing European matches was more patchy earlier in the season.

Erm, fairly obvious penalty at the death, not even checked. Again, what's the point of VAR if it's application is unpredictable and it's parameters are arbitrary?

They should either scrap VAR or make it completely reliant on AI.

Just now, Zatman said:

Bigging up of other teams on here can be bizarre. Other day somebody said our away form will mean Newcastke overtakes us in the table. Then also the Spurs, Brighton, Chelsea, United hysteria. Was similar in Championship days

Is probably only 3 teams in the league better than us and with squads to sustain it and thats City, Liverpool and Arsenal and latter is arguable

Oh yeah I'm not worried about any of Newcastle, Chelsea or Man. United at all. All too far back with many issues in their teams. West Ham with a few injuries will drop points like today.

Brighton though have no europe until mid March, are getting key players back from injury now and they played really well over xmas v Spurs and West Ham so I could see them going on a decent run given they're pretty much playing everyone in the bottom half.

All we need to do is start winning some games again.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yep Ahmedhodzic not interested in the ball, only stopping Bowen

Somebody on VAR is desperate for Sheffield United to stay up or just hates when they play teams with claret and blue home kits

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

5th will get CL. Its about 80% likely as it stands. 

Ohhh, so we are already taking it that Tottenham will be ahead of us. The media have definately brainwashed a few of us on here.

21 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Douglas Luiz, Ollie Watkins, John Duran, John McGinn, Jacob Ramsey, Moussa Diaby and Nicola Zaniolo are also abominations of footballers.

Obviously missed by quite a few but you obviously said this as McBurnie soon scored after the original post. So the hope being they all score next game. 

6 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Another embarrassing call. It makes you wonder what they are actually looking at on the screen?

14 minutes ago, villan95 said:

I've watched this a few times over and can't see a foul. Yes he's not looking at the ball but I don't see the contact that causes Bowen to go down flopping like he's been shot? He's falling backwards with barely any contact, it looks like total simulation to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I've watched this a few times over and can't see a foul. Yes he's not looking at the ball but I don't see the contact that causes Bowen to go down flopping like he's been shot? He's falling backwards with barely any contact, it looks like total simulation to me.

My initial view of it (on a clip that starts before this one) is that Bowen initiates the fouling. Wasn't a pen for me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some very questionable decisions in the Madrid game now.

Having been two up, Almeria concede a penalty for handball (after VAR review) despite two attackers clattering into the defender deemed to handle the ball.

Almeria then score a third goal, but VAR interject again for a ‘foul’ way way down the pitch and its disallowed.

Madrid then equalise, but Vinicius Jr handles the ball - again VAR involved but the goal stands… 

we thought our lot were corrupt/incompetent but the Spanish are the real deal for dodginess 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bayern lost, the decision to go Spursy is working wonders

Leverkusen are having one hell of a season. Kane is genuinely not going to win anything this season is he 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â