Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Just now, Tom13 said:

I maintain that his decision making is not poor. It was certainly an off day though.

Decision making is fine for the most part. Problem is his final touch can be dreadful, which is a shame after such wonderful runs.

Just now, Tom13 said:

I maintain that his decision making is not poor. It was certainly an off day though.

United were terrified every time he ran at that. What summed it up was when he didn’t pass to Ollie. Just needed to make better choices on the ball.

• Like 1

His decision making can sometimes be quite poor in fairness, tries too difficult things at times and loses it. The runs he does are exciting but needs to know when to leave it off too rather than trying to go around 2 players. He's not lightning either so got caught. Was quite poor today.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Decision making is fine for the most part. Problem is his final touch can be dreadful, which is a shame after such wonderful runs.

Can't lie in the past I've made the same comments.

His running is great when it comes off, but you MUST need to know when to make the pass or right decision.

There are times when he makes bizarre decisions to simply keep running ( Even when there is no chance of winning ) until he just ends up losing the ball or making a bad shot 

So many times you just knew he was going to make the wrong decision at the end of a great run.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His running is great when it comes off, but you MUST need to know when to make the pass or right decision.

There are times when he makes bizarre decisions to simply keep running ( Even when there is no chance of winning ) until he just ends up losing the ball or making a bad shot 

So many times you just knew he was going to make the wrong decision at the end of a great run.

That’s why I put more emphasis on his final touch. He definitely needs to get better about when he releases the ball but if his final touch was better some of his decision would actually work out.

He was quality most of the game, watch some of his one touch play. However, when he had the chances to really have an impact he buggered it up, same as near enough everyone bar Tielemans, including the ref.

Most of his effective contributions this season hasn't actually been his runs, which he has got noted for, it's been his assists when he has shorter time on the ball at the right time. His runs have mostly not ended up with anything firm (Not always his fault either of course)  Hopefully he can marry the two more effectively.

Edited by Trickster

First touch great 

Second touch good

Anything beyond third turned to shit 

He's so close to greatness but then not seeing it through it's becoming frustrating, he's better than what he's currently playing 

Not a day to remember for him, but he’s set high standards of expectations for himself and as a young and fairly inexperienced player at this level, he won’t be consistently outstanding. 

He’s still young and has played pretty much every minute this season so it’s not surprising he’s had a bit of a duff game - he’s due a break, so it’s a shame he’s been called up by the U21s

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He’s still young and has played pretty much every minute this season so it’s not surprising he’s had a bit of a duff game - he’s due a break, so it’s a shame he’s been called up by the U21s

Needs a rest - and the game was crying out for some Buendia aggression IMO.

• Like 1

He's a young player, quite recently playing Championship level football, who has improved dramatically since Emery took him under his wing. He's learnt a lot very quickly but there is still a long way to go.

Can't expect top level from him every match.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He said in an interview recently Unai has told him to hold on to the ball a bit longer… I think that’s what we’re now seeing but playing that way hasn’t clicked for him yet hence the occasional poor decision making and running into trouble 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyClarke said:

He was quality most of the game, watch some of his one touch play. However, when he had the chances to really have an impact he buggered it up, same as near enough everyone bar Tielemans, including the ref.

Yeah, it’s absolutely this.

I don’t think he had a poor game in the whole; he was the attacking player making things happen and causing Man Utd problems. But after he’d done all the hard work, he just failed to get the last bit right every single time.

If he did that last bit, he’d have been MOTM and we’d have won by 2. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â