Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Quickly become my favourite player. His drive and carrying of the ball is crazy. Him and Ramsey on fire doing that will be hell for the opposition. And to think when he came in it was a bit of an interesting signing, with Boro fans wondering why we were so keen on him. Now we all see why!!!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Imagine leaving this out of the England squad. 

well, with the incompetence of the England hierarchy and management structure for the last........my entire lifetime.........i can entirely imagine it, unfortunately.

If there's an injury to one of England's attackers I wouldn't be surprised to see him moved up. I think that would have happened in the last international break when Palmer and Foden withdrew, if not for the fact that Philogene and Hutchinson already withdrew from the U21s, so they let them at least keep Rogers

He plays in the most competitive position in the National Team. He's good enough but I'm not surprised he hasn't been called up.

I know many of them also play LW, RW or CM but hes still up against a big list of players to play in his position(s). When you factor in Gordon and Saka on the wings too, it's a tall order as an attacking midfielder trying to break in. 

Maddison, Bellingham, Foden, Palmer, Grealish.

He's been good this season. But he'll have to be beating the door down to get in, and he hasn't been lighting the league up with goals and assists yet.

• Like 1

That ‘challenge’ on him by Kane was ridiculous. ‘Oh yer, sowwie, Morgs, fought you woz a delishuss stwudle’ 

*on reflection, it’s a bit sh** to go after Kane for his manner of speech, but the challenge really riles me up: he knew exactly what he was doing there 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Haha 1

Called into the U21s again

Hopefully we'll be 5-0 up against Man U at about 61 minutes (after Morgs has scored 3 and assisted 2 for my FPL), and goes off with a "tight calf" - just enough to rule him out.

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That ‘challenge’ on him by Kane was ridiculous. ‘Oh yer, sowwie, Morgs, fought you woz a delishuss stwudle’

*on reflection, it’s a bit sh** to go after Kane for his manner of speech, but the challenge really riles me up: he knew exactly what he was doing there

Kane is such a sly player. He's also boring ain't he - great goalscorer, zero character.

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Am I the only one who's not scandalised by this? Not just because 'we don't want him to get injured' (though it's true that burnout is a potential issue given he's firmly first choice week in week out now) but also because I'm not fully convinced that his skillset is exactly what England need in these games against very limited opposition who are likely to content themselves with playing in the deepest of low blocks. 

Yeah I can't say I'm that fussed

Also I always find it amusing how much we clamour for our players to be in the england squad, then as soon as they get there we want them not to be picked

4 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Probably the worst decision of the night not to book him for it. Cowardly word removed. Both the ref and Kane.

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Probably the worst decision of the night not to book him for him. Cowardly word removed. Both the ref and Kane.

Ref was generally pretty lenient.  I think it was Rogers (might have been someone else?) who made a textbook cynical trip on a Bayern player as they broke - which led to the Gnabry poor decision - no booking.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â