Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I've been playing fantasy football for near on 2 decades I'm sure and never remember the chat as obsessed about a player as Rogers. He's really cheap 5m midfielder and people talking about him constantly as proof of "experts" being wrong. He was supposed to be my secret FPL weapon. Love reading some of the posts that he played 90 mins in CL with no returns by people that haven't even bothered to watch highlights

He was my secret weapon too, even captained him a couple of weeks. My gamble has backfired safe to say even though he's performing exactly as I expected, Leicester aside

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

He was my secret weapon too, even captained him a couple of weeks. My gamble has backfired safe to say even though he's performing exactly as I expected, Leicester aside

It's strange, hes playing really well but has no stats to show for it.

Eye Test > Stats

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Eye Test > Stats

While you're right with your overall point, it's insane that he hasn't got at least one assist. He could have five/six but for poor finishing.

He put Watkins through one-on-one last night and then dominated their left-back to cut another one back for him with precision. Both of those in addition to a few in our first four league games as well.

7 hours ago, Hobsons Choice said:

He was. He was involved in everything in the first half. Faded a bit in the second, but he looked a bit knackered to me at the end.

People will kill me for this, and I'm not in any way saying that he is on this level yet, but his movement- finding space, having explosive power over the first 10 yards, and then having vision to pick out a man- watching him reminds me of Bellingham.  

I've had the Bellingham comparison in my head since the Brentford 3-3 draw. I think Morgan may not have the raw athleticism that Jude can call on but he is such a stable dribbler. Defenders hanging all over him and he doesn't even seem to notice them. He's got it all, in a slightly different package, but it's all there. Just need a world class coach to put it all together. Thank God Villa have one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Eye Test > Stats

Wasn't it Rogers who teed Watkins up for what should have been the easiest tap in ever at home to Arsenal?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mazrim said:

The kid is absolute class. He just needs to work on his finishing. Once he adds that to his game, and he will, we're talking about a top level player for club and country.

He's brilliant, I haven't enjoyed watching a young Villa player as much as him for quite some time. Strong as an ox, with a delicate first touch and the ability to go past people on either side. And he's played how many games for Emery.

• Like 3

Just now, MapleVilla said:

There was the one against Everton I thought on Sunday

That's half the problem with assists, it's highly dependent on the form of the person you're trying to set up.

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

Eye Test > Stats

He’s got lots of stats to show for it. 

Goals and assist aren’t the only stats

3 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

I've had the Bellingham comparison in my head since the Brentford 3-3 draw. I think Morgan may not have the raw athleticism that Jude can call on but he is such a stable dribbler. Defenders hanging all over him and he doesn't even seem to notice them. He's got it all, in a slightly different package, but it's all there. Just need a world class coach to put it all together. Thank God Villa have one. 

I think Bellingham is a bit more graceful and more intelligent than Rogers but I can see the comparison.

I know it’s an odd comparison but he weirdly reminds me of early (I.e pre 2002) Brazilian Ronaldo. There’s something about his running style- the determination to get where he wants to go combined with skill, pace and  most importantly strength to hold off defenders. Ronaldo was another level of course and had a slighter pacier style but there’s something about Rogers in full flow that reminds me of those compilations of Ronaldo worldies for Barca 

50 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

I think Bellingham is a bit more graceful and more intelligent than Rogers but I can see the comparison.

I know it’s an odd comparison but he weirdly reminds me of early (I.e pre 2002) Brazilian Ronaldo. There’s something about his running style- the determination to get where he wants to go combined with skill, pace and  most importantly strength to hold off defenders. Ronaldo was another level of course and had a slighter pacier style but there’s something about Rogers in full flow that reminds me of those compilations of Ronaldo worldies for Barca 

I need to see more of Bellingham but he certainly didn't play with intelligence for the majority of the Euros. I get how bad the team setup was though.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â