Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

I thought he was brilliant tonight.

He was. He was involved in everything in the first half. Faded a bit in the second, but he looked a bit knackered to me at the end.

11 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

Reminds of Grealish in the early days. Couldn't shoot at all. By the time we went back up to the Prem, bangers everywhere. It will come for Morgan, not worried in the slightest. 

People will kill me for this, and I'm not in any way saying that he is on this level yet, but his movement- finding space, having explosive power over the first 10 yards, and then having vision to pick out a man- watching him reminds me of Bellingham.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Brilliant player but 0 goals 0 assists

I don’t think the assists part is a worry, Watkins himself should’ve scored atleast 3-4 goals from his assists. 
However if there is a worry is his shots, most of them are going to the keeper. But we’ve seen last season that he could score some good goals, Watkins himself is missing much worse goals than him at the moment. 
To be honest, while having all those issues, and a space of improvement, we’re still doing fine results wise. 

I'm with the minority in that I didn't think he was as good as the reviews are suggesting. The skill to win a free kick on the half way line was his brightest moment.  Everything else he did ended up in a wasted opportunity due to a poor shot or making the wrong choice.

Clearly he was very heavily involved,  and i'd give him a 7 for that, but he was largely ineffective.

He's capable of much better, and I feel like a lot of the praise in the press is coming from people jumping on the bandwagon.

He's an exceptional footballer for his age, and he'll keep getting better, but he's had much better games than last night.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We paid £16m for him… that’s like £1m more than we paid for Ross McCormack back in 2016!

we didnt even pay that afaik, we paid £8m plus £8m in bonuses i think.

i wouldnt be surprised if most, if not all of the £8m in add ons were triggered already though, i guess!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

He's got everything except a finish at the moment.  Strange as he scored some decent goals last season with good finishes, but since pre-season his shots have been like passes straight to the keeper.  A bit of practice with Duran wouldn't go amiss, he seems to know how to ram them in to the top and bottom corners.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt be surprised if most, if not all of the £8m in add ons were triggered already though, i guess!

£8m… that’s mental, that’s nothing at all these days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

At the time, I thought that was probably about right, if not a little on the steeper side.

I knew he had potential, but his loans had not been successful & he was more of a cup success for Boro after they picked him up for £1M.

How wrong I was.

And never have I been so happy to be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hobsons Choice said:

He was. He was involved in everything in the first half. Faded a bit in the second, but he looked a bit knackered to me at the end.

People will kill me for this, and I'm not in any way saying that he is on this level yet, but his movement- finding space, having explosive power over the first 10 yards, and then having vision to pick out a man- watching him reminds me of Bellingham.  

Without the scummie attitude

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Played his part in our 4 wins from 5 games this season. The fact that he hasn't got a goal or assist is irrelevant and people should get off his back.  

I've been playing fantasy football for near on 2 decades I'm sure and never remember the chat as obsessed about a player as Rogers. He's really cheap 5m midfielder and people talking about him constantly as proof of "experts" being wrong. He was supposed to be my secret FPL weapon. Love reading some of the posts that he played 90 mins in CL with no returns by people that haven't even bothered to watch highlights

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â