Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

That's incredibly disrespectful to compare him to someone as shit as that 

I think they are similar

It's no good to show all flash if you don't have end product to top it off

He is still young so I have full confidence Unai can help him improve on that

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Aim for those corners large Morgz. They'll start flying in.

I keep saying every week the same thing. He needs put his laces through it more often as his shots look weak

I wanted him to put Pickford through the net

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

He's not the best suited to playing against such a low block. He is at his best like Ramsey when there is space to attack and ther are transitions. 

That said (and I agree with you) the speed at which he is developing as a player and his natural skills / physique suggest that this is something that he will crack.  He will do it in a different way than maybe most in that position.  He could very easily have walked off the pitch yesterday with three assists.  Probably a bit like Ollie in that he's trying a fraction too hard - once he gets a goal or two and relaxes a bit he'll be making those things that are <almost> working now.

He's such a good player but needs to start adding goals and assists to his game. Just not quite there at the moment.

I thought he was unlucky not to set up Ollie for a tap in but Ollie's reaction said it all, he played it just too far in front of him. Whether he should have shot from there I'm not sure. He also had a great chance from Bogarde's pass but his shot was too easy for the keeper. Needs to work on his finishing and final ball.

Hopefully it comes soon because when it does we'll have one hell of a player. I have him in FPL and he's delivered just 8 points so far 😐

4 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

He's such a good player but needs to start adding goals and assists to his game. Just not quite there at the moment.

I thought he was unlucky not to set up Ollie for a tap in but Ollie's reaction said it all, he played it just too far in front of him. Whether he should have shot from there I'm not sure. He also had a great chance from Bogarde's pass but his shot was too easy for the keeper. Needs to work on his finishing and final ball.

Hopefully it comes soon because when it does we'll have one hell of a player. I have him in FPL and he's delivered just 8 points so far 😐

Mentioning FPL in the same post as Rogers as a way of somehow criticising him is just so cringe, man.

I couldn’t care less he doesn’t have any goals or assists. If Watkins finished better in the first couple of games, he’d be on at least 2/3 assists. He probably should have scored at least one but come on, kid is young and bullying some of the best players in the world.

G/A will come. Grealish never had the best G/A given his talent but was one of, if not the best player in the PL once upon a time. There is far more to a players game than just looking at stats.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Mentioning FPL in the same post as Rogers as a way of somehow criticising him is just so cringe, man.

I couldn’t care less he doesn’t have any goals or assists. If Watkins finished better in the first couple of games, he’d be on at least 2/3 assists. He probably should have scored at least one but come on, kid is young and bullying some of the best players in the world.

G/A will come. Grealish never had the best G/A given his talent but was one of, if not the best player in the PL once upon a time. There is far more to a players game than just looking at stats.

Hence why I called him a really good player. But to stats don't matter is bull**** quite frankly, especially someone playing in an attacking position. He will rightly be judged on that metric whether you like it or not.

10 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Getting bored of people criticizing him on FPL forums. He's 5m enabler you don't have to play every week. The points will come. Non Villa FPL "experts" keep saying he'll be dropped. Clueless

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

And Grealish had plenty of G/A, not sure where you get that from. 8 goals, 7 assists in a crap team in 19-20, and then 6 goals and 10 assists in an average team in 20-21 despite missing 3 months of the season. Those are good stats, man.

Rogers is also playing in a much better team than Grealish ever did.

2 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Hence why I called him a really good player. But to stats don't matter is bull**** quite frankly, especially someone playing in an attacking position. He will rightly be judged on that metric whether you like it or not.

At Rogers age I think people forget Jack had fallen off a cliff reputation wise. There were pretty big doubts he'd be more than a Championship player. He'd done absolutely nothing in the game

• Like 1

Just now, Leeroy said:

And Grealish had plenty of G/A, not sure where you get that from. 8 goals, 7 assists in a crap team in 19-20, and then 6 goals and 10 assists in an average team in 20-21 despite missing 3 months of the season. Those are good stats, man.

Rogers is also playing in a much better team than Grealish ever did.

Beundia was 2nd for chances created behind KDB that season with Norwich, amazing stats and scored rubbish points

Assists will come because he is helping to create chances. I think Watkins mentioned that a few of them still aren't fully fit after the summer, so I think that will help overall when they are all 100% fit.

His finishing is strange. He gets his chances on target, but he hits daisy cutters. Some of the best strikers in history concern themselves more about hitting them on target than anything else, because if it's on target, it has a chance. But Rogers needs to add some power to them too, otherwise they are basically pass-backs to the opposition keeper.

He strikes me as the sort of kid who will work on his shooting after practice though.

Especially if the likes of Onana & a few of the other younger lads stick around. I think we saw yesterday him & Duran being close. From photos of training it seems that he is close with the likes of Ramsey, Kamara, Maatsen, Philogene, etc. Same with Iling-Junior when he comes back, & Iling-Junior is mates with Barranechea too. So I think there will be a "good mates" mentality growing with the club as these young players develop.

Similar thing to what we saw with Mings, Watkins, McGinn, etc. 

Edited by Andy_10

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I think they are similar

It's no good to show all flash if you don't have end product to top it off

He is still young so I have full confidence Unai can help him improve on that

Absolute ridiculous comparison. Roger’s is head and shoulders better than Traore. Some of his one touch flicks are incredible showing awareness of others around him. He was far more impressive than Ramsey who seemed unwilling to take on his man on numerous occasions.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â