Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Lost possession 17 times today and I'm surprised that it wasn't more. He was miles off it today, made the wrong decision almost every time he had the ball (outside of when he played Watkins in very well in the first half) and it generally seemed like he was trying far too hard when the game needed a bit of composure.

Still an extremely talented, improving player though. Wouldn't be surprised to see him boss the U21s and come back brimming with confidence (or injured because that's what happens now).

Just now, R.Bear said:

Really poor today. Looked weak strangely when his strength was so prominent last week.

Think he might have a small injury that will need resting up for a couple of weeks...

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

After playing so well v Arsenal, I thought he was terrible today. He lost the ball so many times.

I wouldn't have said terrible, I still have great faith that he'll always try to use the ball wisely. An average game though for sure.

Just now, Tom13 said:

I wouldn't have said terrible, I still have great faith that he'll always try to use the ball wisely. An average game though for sure.

As @Indigo said earlier he ‘lost possession 17 times” - imo that is terrible. As a result our forward play kept breaking down and we let them back into it.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

42 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

As @Indigo said earlier he ‘lost possession 17 times” - imo that is terrible. As a result our forward play kept breaking down and we let them back into it.

Cootes shite refereeing let them back into it.  Everytime I watch Coote ref he ruins the game, bloke has zero clue what is going on around him.

On topic,  Rogers was doubled up on today.  They left him in pockets but hit him hard when the ball went into him.  Another learning experience for a 22 year old still learning the game 

Sometimes just needs to do the simple thing a bit more. Knowing when to beat a man or when to release it to keep play progressing is absolutely crucial for the role he's playing. Sometimes he just tries to do so much. 

Still, had Ollie put that chance away he could be coming away with an assist from a relatively poor performance by his own high standards. 

The potential he has in crazy. 

• Like 1

One of the reasons I thought we really needed to sign one more attacking player was to take preassure of him. He was really amazing against Arsenal and can be as good as anyone, but given that he is quite new to the PL and is still young it's not really fair to rely on him as the main no 10 play maker going into a CL season. 

3 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Had 3 players quickly closing him down every time he got the ball in the middle, went wider and further forward to look for space and linked well with Watkins and JJ. He'll have to get used to more attention now but I still think he's going to be an amazing player. As is JJ.

• Like 1

He's gone from the best player on the pitch against Arsenal to the worst today. A little confusing and disappointing, but I'm very confident it's just a bad day at the office and he'll continue to shine. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It's not gone unnoticed how important he is to our transition play so he was given special treatment. He will learn from that.

And we as a team will have to learn how to take advantage of the space created when opposition teams double, sometimes triple cover him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Bit of a reality check today, which is no bad thing for his development. 

Good to see one ounce of sense. He's looked superb since he signed, he's had one bad game. A player that can bully Declan Rice and Partey isn't a shit player. Some of you need to give your head a wobble.

• Confused 1

This was so predictable after the way he was bigging himself up in that Guardian interview. Reality check, son. Do your talking on the pitch. 

• Haha 1

Did seem to be doubled up on a lot today

But at the same time just keep it simple lad.

Tried to take on too much today...get it...pass it...move....repeat.

There's were others the same.today but he was probably the biggest culprit.

Small reality check after last week.

Back on it next week

He didn’t use to complete games last season now he stayed in tough circumstances 3 games on row. I think we’ll need to manage his game more especially when we’re defending. 

Tough circumstances right now, not many options. Buendia has to be played, glad we’re not rushing him though.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â