Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

U21, where Jacob Ramsey's foot went to die.

Thanks, but no thanks. Time for Morgzzz to develop an odd niggle in his hammy. Something only solved by Portuguese sun.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Obviously, Unai talking sense.

Him and Maatsen at U21 is stupid. Waste of time, waste of resources.

We should block both call ups, don’t think the players would mind either.

Waste of time, don’t take the risk on injury either.

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We should block both call ups, don’t think the players would mind either.

Waste of time, don’t take the risk on injury either.

For senior, first team players...the FAs shouldn't be selecting them.

Are they stupid? Yes, clearly.

Emery's on this call up is the angriest I think I've seen him as Villa boss.

Good. It's a joke. Hope he continues to call out the FA when they do stupid things.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I assume they’re going to block these moves ?

Not our decision, the Olympics is the exception rather the rule because it's not an officially sanctioned competition. 

Right now, I’d hazard a guess that he’s playing at the same level as a Palmer, Saka, Gordon etc. maybe even higher tbh.

It’s embarrassing he hasn’t been selected for the first team and even more embarrassing he’s in the U21’s. 

• Like 2

Strange comments from Emery truth be told, Rogers isn't a Bellingham level talent that's already proven to be far too good for U21 international football, he's only played two games and was a late comer to that level, he's only played around nine games worth of Premier League football, he's far less proven than a lot of other players in the squad, and in pretty much every previous squad, they always pick the best young talents, unless they happen to have been selected for the senior team, if they didn't do that then there wouldn't be any point in having an England U21 team

I can also understand it from Emery's point of view, if Rogers gets injured that leaves us in a precarious position, but he knows how these things work, as above it's the same for all the top young talents, it's just a part of football

Good to see Emery have a rant. We don't have the squad strength of other clubs and if Rogers gets injured our attack is badly compromised as Buendia is nothing like Rogers, has no pace, no strength, doesn't carry ball forward and take on players. I agree U21s is not for regular first team players of a CL PL Squad and they shouldn't be picked.

Mainoo was a completely different situation to Rogers and any other player Rogers' age, he got his call up at such a young age and before had played for the U21s because he was deemed as a very high potential academy player, he was in there as a developmental thing, in other words he's seen as something close to a generational talent, he wasn't in there just because he was a Manchester United player, and they were kind of proven right to rate him so highly, considering he was one of England's best players at the Euros, another factor in Mainoo's call-up was his dual nationality, Ghana were going to try and call him up, after losing Musiala and Olise and others England weren't going to allow that to happen

Also I'm pretty sure Mason Greenwood was getting call-ups to England U21s whilst he was starring for Manchster United

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

For senior, first team players...the FAs shouldn't be selecting them.

Are they stupid? Yes, clearly.

I think this is the thing - we can’t just blame “the FA” as we often do for stupid decisions like this because as you’ve said yourself, the Dutch for example have picked Maatsen who was in the CL final. It either needs a blanket rule for all countries (and you’ve said “FAs” not “FA” so I think you’re saying this same point!) or I get why the English FA think they need to pick the best players available if other countries are.

We all know there’s too much football and this seems like a place where it isn’t going to hit media rights etc, so I’m surprised FIFA have stuck to their guns on it for so long really. Well, not really, because it’s FIFA…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Issue is, if he pulls out of the squad now after these comments, the FA might make a point and not select hi for the first team. 

Oh definitely, if he wants to play for England any time soon he definitely needs to go and do well for the U21s. Unfortunately!

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Emery's on this call up is the angriest I think I've seen him as Villa boss.

I also don’t think I’ve seen him say about another player that they should categorically be in the England squad, as he did with Rogers. He obviously sees him as a very special player.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Right now, I’d hazard a guess that he’s playing at the same level as a Palmer, Saka, Gordon etc. maybe even higher tbh.

Tbf both Palmer and Gordon have played regularly for the U21s, including in the last year. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â