Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, Anything11 said:

Who gives a f_ck what troy deeney thinks really

People who have long term violent sexual relationships with their close relatives, work in the automobile production industry, have regular drinking sessions in Birmingham city centre in addition to also hating  the ‘vile’ and whose main topic of conversation is the failure of Hawkeye during lockdown

mate 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Carsley knows madueke from the u21s

That would be the main takeaway from the squad, there's a few in there that have simply followed carsley, MGW too

Too soon for him I think but it'll happen

He doesn't know Rogers from the u21s then?! Personally I'd have him in the squad over Gomes or MGW.

Just now, Made In Aston said:

He doesn't know Rogers from the u21s then?! Personally I'd have him in the squad over Gomes or MGW.

He's got 2 caps compared to maduekes 20, MGWs 18, MGW has been in his teams for 5 years now 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Carsley knows madueke from the u21s

That would be the main takeaway from the squad, there's a few in there that have simply followed carsley, MGW too

Too soon for him I think but it'll happen

He'll know Rogers from the U21s too.

Personally I quite like the squad, looks freshened up, but Rogers is unlucky. Calling up Grealish is a **** move, Maddison would have been more worthy than him. 

Hopefully it drives Rogers on, if he can add goals/assists to his great all round game he will definitely be in the next squad. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

It's far too early to get a call up for England. Barely got into the Villa team and experienced PL

Wharton got in after 3 months playing PL football for Palace.

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

100% over Gomes. Gomes lacks physicality & has only played well against Fenerbahce so far this season.

His is a strange inclusion.

I do hope that Carsley being a Small Heath fan wont cause the same issues we had with Southgate & Villa players.

Edited by Andy_10
Spelling.

2 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

100% over Gomes. Gomes lacks physicality & has only played well against Fenerbahce so far this season.

His is a strange inclusion.

I do hope that Carsley being a Small Heath fan wont cause the same issues we had with Southgate & Villa players.

Gomes is down as a midfielder though. Rogers would be down as a forward where there is a lot more competition. 

1 minute ago, RichW said:

Gomes is down as a midfielder though. Rogers would be down as a forward where there is a lot more competition. 

Gomes has the versatility to be able to play deeper than the CAM role, in CM & CDM too. 

Rogers has the versatility to be able to play across the front line in front of the CAM role in the CF, RW & LW.

So having a think about it based on your post, as he hasn't included Wharton or the like, then maybe Gomes is being planned as a CM/CDM for Carsleys England.

Which makes his inclusion over Rogers a bit more understandable.

Although if Bellingham is out, then Rogers is perfect replacement for him.

Gomes should have had a call up long before now, he's exactly the type of midfielder that England have been lacking and was also one of the best and most important players in Carsley's U21 team, his inclusion has no bearing on Rogers, they play completely different positions, Gomes plays as a DM for the U21s, albeit more of a ball playing DM than an old fashioned purely defensive DM

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â