Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Which baffled me as to why they gave the POTM award to Arsenals keeper. Granted, he made a couple of decent saves.

Whereas Rogers treated Arsenals physical & title challenging midfield like he was playing against a bunch of 14 year olds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Which baffled me as to why they gave the POTM award to Arsenals keeper. Granted, he made a couple of decent saves.

Whereas Rogers treated Arsenals physical & title challenging midfield like he was playing against a bunch of 14 year olds.

I’ve never known them ever give it to a player on the losing team.

9 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Raya probably won them the game, pretty simple.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve never known them ever give it to a player on the losing team.

Sounds about right for Sky. Although I am sure I have seen hat-tricks or lots of saves for a keeper who has been peppered on losing sides given the award. I could be wrong though.

Its not a big issue, its just amusing when everybody on Sky are raving about Rogers, saying that he was the best player on the pitch & even created a montage of it, only to give the POTM to a keeper who saved a couple of shots. Albeit, important ones.

but like I say, its not a big issue.

Edited by Andy_10

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Raya probably won them the game, pretty simple.

He didn't. Regardless, he wasn't the best player.

Does Partey get it if it was 1-0 and his goal was the only one?

2 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Sounds about right for Sky. Although I am sure I have seen hat-tricks or lots of saves for a keeper who has been peppered on losing sides. I could be wrong though.

Its not a big issue, its just amusing when everybody on Sky are raving about Rogers, saying that he was the best player on the pitch & even created a montage of it, only to give the POTM to a keeper who saved a couple of shots. Albeit, important ones.

but like I say, its not a big issue.

I agree with you, it’s really predictable. I suppose the point made above that Raya won them the game with that save from the Ollie header is true tho. That said if Ollie had scored a Rogers assist and the game was a draw, Rogers probably would have had it and that was out of his hands. 

Amazing performance on Saturday, standing in the Holte End - everyone was generally gobsmacked at just how good he was. He really announced himself on the Premier League stage, and also laid down a marker that even though we have a deeper squad, he’s joined the list of players that has to play every game game for us (Emi, Torres, Konsa, Watkins and now Rogers).

On Saturday it cemented in my mind how similar he is to Collymore in terms of how he moves with the ball and his physical presence. And that he’s probably better as a 10 or playing with a 9, rather than being the 9 himself. Hopefully he comes without the Collymore baggage, and then he will be a star.

Wouldnt be surprised if he is our next PSR sale in the next 12-24 months at around £100m. He is that good. He could be a £100m player by the end of the season, and I don’t think that is recency bias.

Edited by GeordieVillan

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Nothing suggests he does!

Dunno, he was putting ❤️ emojis on a Mason Greenwood Insta post yesterday which I’d really rather he didn’t. Other than that he’s great.

• Shocked 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Heard two ex-footballers compare him to Bellingham and Gazza over the weekend.

"Bazza"

It won't come as any suprise that Troy Deeney who appears to be picking the team of the week for the BBC website and is doing a worse job than Gary Crookes has not picked him in his team of the week.............yes I was as shocked as the next man but then it dawned on me that TD knows sweet fa about football so it really really should not be a shock

4 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

It's Neville. Guy's a clown.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2024 at 16:38, mykeyb said:

It won't come as any suprise that Troy Deeney who appears to be picking the team of the week for the BBC website and is doing a worse job than Gary Crookes has not picked him in his team of the week.............yes I was as shocked as the next man but then it dawned on me that TD knows sweet fa about football so it really really should not be a shock

Troy openly said he wanted to keep the integrity of this going when it was announced he was taking over from Garth Crooks. Literally the only 2 players who didn't get a goal in the team of the week, got assists. If you've got a team with De Bruyne and Smith Rowe lined up in defensive midfield you know it's not worth your time. 

Rogers got a worse score on who scored this week than he did against West Ham so was miles off getting into their team of the week too 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â