Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 hours ago, skarroki said:

Honestly from the performance last week I'd play Rogers and Ramsey down the left, Bailey and McGinn down the right and keep Onana and Tielemans in the middle. 

If there's a chance of us winning late in the game throw on Watkins and Duran and see what happens. 

I’m not sure we should be dropping Watkins after one indifferent game tbh.

• Like 1

Honestly from the performance last week I'd play Rogers and Ramsey down the left, Bailey and McGinn down the right and keep Onana and Tielemans in the middle. 

If there's a chance of us winning late in the game throw on Watkins and Duran and see what happens. 

Say what?

My brain hurts just trying to imagine this formation……

• Like 1

Ollie's scored 5 goals in 8 league matches for us against Arsenal.  Even being a couple of weeks behind on training it would be a brave call to leave him out of the starting XI.

58 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Say what?

My brain hurts just trying to imagine this formation……

Haha I've attached what I mean 

53 minutes ago, allani said:

Ollie's scored 5 goals in 8 league matches for us against Arsenal.  Even being a couple of weeks behind on training it would be a brave call to leave him out of the starting XI.

Definitely a brave call. I'd be tempted but probably bottle 

Screenshot_20240820_192544_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, skarroki said:

Haha I've attached what I mean 

Definitely a brave call. I'd be tempted but probably bottle 

This is one of the reasons why I think we've had a good transfer window - we can actually discuss things like leaving out Ollie or McGinn and it not be a completely and utterly ridiculous notion.

I do think Ollie will have had another week of training and given how fit he keeps himself - I expect him to be more on it than he was against West Ham.  However, even if he's still playing below his usual level - he's still (hopefully) going to be troubling the opposition CBs and that will give Rogers and Bailey a bit more space to try and exploit in that gap between the midfield and the defensive line.  They both had good chances at West Ham because the defence were (partially) worrying about where Ollie was.

I think we'll do something quite similar to West Ham.  We'll probably play Digne, McGinn and Ollie and then if we have a chance to go for a win bring on Maatsen and Ramsey to be a bit more dynamic in the opposition half and then unleash the chaos.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â