Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

As Palace have shown the Championship is a good place to find relatively cheap talent if you scout well there. You only need one Morgan Rodgers or Eberechi Eze and you can take a hit on a few duds. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Reminds me of Pele in 1958 playing for Santos

Reminds me of Maradona in 1976 playing for Boca. I wasn’t born but still…..

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:

As Palace have shown the Championship is a good place to find relatively cheap talent if you scout well there. You only need one Morgan Rodgers or Eberechi Eze and you can take a hit on a few duds. 

Started with Eze in FPL second year running. Just like last season everyone high on him with 7 shots and 3 on target. Last season 1 goal and no assists in first 7 then out for 3 games. His numbers last season were pretty average until 2 goals and assist vs us on the beach. I think he's a little overrated

15 hours ago, villaglint said:

Yeah the potential is huge, kind of crazy that 1 - only the Middlesborough scouts picked him up before us and 2 - for a fair bit of his time there he couldn’t get in their team! 

This bit can't possibly be true - he was at Boro for half a season and played 33 games!

Edit:  even the first bit is wrong, isn't it?  Man City signed him from West Brom.  Did his loans, moved to Boro and then got picked up after 6 months or so.

Edited by bobzy

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

This bit can't possibly be true - he was at Boro for half a season and played 33 games!

Edit:  even the first bit is wrong, isn't it?  Man City signed him from West Brom.  Did his loans, moved to Boro and then got picked up after 6 months or so.

Yes - was more alluding to his 26 games in the league of which 10 were sub appearances. Suprising he wasn't a nailed on starter at that level given impact he's had with us. 

And first bit was just to be surprised that nobody higher up the chain the Boro saw the potential there (when signing him from City) 

Posted (edited)
On 18/01/2024 at 21:02, Leeroy said:

just don't see anything in this player. Just because he was in City's Academy doesn't mean anything. And I thought we were selling players like JPB to bring in proven international footballers, not lesser players than the actual Academy players we sold. 

It's just a weird signing for me.

On 18/01/2024 at 20:35, Leeroy said:

Really looks nothing special at all. If this is the player we are targeting we may as well have just kept Philogene who looks far better and was actually our Academy player.

What do you think of him now scout @Leeroy?

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What a player, man. His first thought is to turn and run at you. Defenders nightmare. So strong too.

Makes such a difference having a player that can get on the ball and carry you 40-50 yards up the pitch. Ramsey has a bit of it about him too but I think Rogers has it in him to be another level on that front due to his size and general physicality, especially if he's going to continue to play more centrally.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

What a player, man. His first thought is to turn and run at you. Defenders nightmare. So strong too.

I didn't see the game but this makes him look World Class!

Rogers is confident, quick, aggressive and strong. He's similar to Ramsey but he's taller and possible stronger.

6 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

It's the technical gifts with all that size and strength. What a player, gonna be enjoyable watching him develop this season

6 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Quality player. Hold my hands up I got this one wrong, he’ll be in the England squad within 6 months. 

Surprised you went back 7 months to try to embarrass me though buddy, maybe do the same on the Bailey thread to those slagging him off 12-18 months ago. (I wasn’t one of them by the way.)

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Indigo said:

Makes such a difference having a player that can get on the ball and carry you 40-50 yards up the pitch. Ramsey has a bit of it about him too but I think Rogers has it in him to be another level on that front due to his size and general physicality, especially if he's going to continue to play more centrally.

Ramsey is a lot better at drawing the opposing full back in to create space for his Full back to overlap. You saw it vs West ham when he dragged in coufal and played a pass with his left into space for digne to run onto which resulted in the through ball for Duran. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Don't think he was alone in thinking this. I was annoyed he was starting until about mid-March I think. He finished the season very strong in our threadbare squad, I think if we didn't have so many injuries he'd have struggled to keep his place. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Don't think he was alone in thinking this. I was annoyed he was starting until about mid-March I think. He finished the season very strong in our threadbare squad, I think if we didn't have so many injuries he'd have struggled to keep his place. 

Likewise, I struggled to see it in the first few games. This more than anything shows why we must all just trust Unai. 

33 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m convinced that Rogers and Ramsey need to be starting together in every big match. They’re clearly friends and both very, very good players.

Honestly from the performance last week I'd play Rogers and Ramsey down the left, Bailey and McGinn down the right and keep Onana and Tielemans in the middle. 

If there's a chance of us winning late in the game throw on Watkins and Duran and see what happens. 

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â