Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Never before have I been so blindsided by a player on first look. It's testament to just how good he (and his ceiling) is rather than how I was rating him but after those first couple of appearances I could never have anticipated such rapid adaptation. It's wonderful to watch.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, QldVilla said:

The scary thing is he's not the finished article.

I reckon he’s reached about 55% of his potential

• Like 1

Some of his dribbles from own half were brilliant. The chance for SJM and MOTD actually didn't show a similar run where he hit a low shot that was saved.

He's so full of confidence, I'd agree with an England call up in near future as think Carsley has had him in the under 21s and he's playing week in week out.

Only issue now is to get the timing and weight of pass right when on the counter as the one that got through to McGinn actually hit two West Ham players first.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colin79 said:

Not just you. Fans, media, other clubs, (given there didn’t seem to be much interest in him apart from ourselves) it seems that no one in the game spotted the potential. 

Apart from our genius Manager that is. 

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

Never before have I been so blindsided by a player on first look. It's testament to just how good he (and his ceiling) is rather than how I was rating him but after those first couple of appearances I could never have anticipated such rapid adaptation. It's wonderful to watch.

I was confused why people were mad about the fee on here. He looked great playing up front for the cup game against Chelsea where he scored the goal before was official we'd signed him

23 minutes ago, AndyClarke said:

What a **** player, no reason to add this today but we've got an absolute Worldie on our hands here.

Yeah the potential is huge, kind of crazy that 1 - only the Middlesborough scouts picked him up before us and 2 - for a fair bit of his time there he couldn’t get in their team! 

Mean this in an entirely positive way... he could be our Havertz type player to play as a physical 10/false 9 for a fraction of the price and hopefully with greater consistency 

I see us using Rogers in a similar way to how Arsenal use Havertz.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, villaglint said:

for a fair bit of his time there he couldn’t get in their team

To be fair people always underestimate the jump into senior football and the time it takes to adapt. It’s why it drives me mad when people write off 21 and 22-year olds for not pulling up trees yet. Sometimes they just need that extra year which sounds like the difference with him over the last 12 months. And obviously now having a world class manager will help.

Scary how many good young players come through Man City, aren’t good enough for them, but go on to be amongst the best non-Man City players in the league mind you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

To be fair people always underestimate the jump into senior football and the time it takes to adapt. It’s why it drives me mad when people write off 21 and 22-year olds for not pulling up trees yet. Sometimes they just need that extra year which sounds like the difference with him over the last 12 months. And obviously now having a world class manager will help.

Scary how many good young players come through Man City, aren’t good enough for them, but go on to be amongst the best non-Man City players in the league mind you.

Yep £££££ buys you the best of everything. Youth scouts, youth players and of course lawyers! 

12 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

💰

I think Man City paid £4m as a kid, so he was hugely rated. Problem with Man City is, as you say, that its nigh on impossible for youngsters to get in. 

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

What a **** player, no reason to add this today but we've got an absolute Worldie on our hands here.

Was excited when he got him because he can play in tight spaces. He's confident now and starting to really have an impact. He's so clever though. His one touch game is superb and allows us to have those fluid moves in the final third. Seriously exciting potential.

• Like 1

seeing as we are playing this game (and I know i'm gonna get crucified for this)......his fluidity of movement and the way he strides through the park for a fella his size massively reminds me of Zidane

Scholes recently compared Mainoo to Zidane but I see it more with Morgan

• Like 2

On 18/08/2024 at 09:45, AV82 said:

The first time I seen him play was for Lincoln but Brennan Johnson stood out more on the other wing that day. He has clearly progressed a lot more since.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â