Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

2 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Love him but on this showing, he is not an adequate backup for Ollie in the PL

He's not going to learn the position overnight tbf - it's unfamiliar for him and will take game time for him to fully grasp it. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not going to learn the position overnight tbf - it's unfamiliar for him and will take game time for him to fully grasp it. 

I don’t think it’s his game.  His game is picking up deeper and driving at players imo.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t think it’s his game.  His game is picking up deeper and driving at players imo.

It certainly isn't now, sure - compared to how confident he's looked in the pre-season up until now, he resembled a little boy lost. Whether he can learn to play there is another question but I think we can all agree that it is, at the very least, some way off. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Completely agree on that, I just don't think we can rely on him being a senior backup there (along with Archer). That to me would be woefully unprepared if we did sell Jhon. 

Just now, Villaphan04 said:

Completely agree on that, I just don't think we can rely on him being a senior backup there (along with Archer). That to me would be woefully unprepared if we did sell Jhon. 

Agreed. Far from ideal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

I do agree, although I would say, style wise at least, he reminds me a little of Thierry Henry. Maybe given time he can successfully learn that central role in the same way.

https://archive.ph/UYSsp

“I’m not saying he was never hungry, but he’s more now,” says Ash Belgrave, Morgan Rogers’ brother. “Morgan had a few weeks off at the end of last season. We went to Miami and Vegas. He enjoyed himself but was up at 9am to train at 10am in 40-degree heat.”

Rogers, joined by a handful of friends and his brother, hired pitches in the States. The 22-year-old was still in a rehabilitation phase after suffering a hamstring injury in May, bringing an end to his first six months at Aston Villa. This meant work had to be shaped around a gradual rebuilding of Rogers’ physical condition, strictly following Villa’s training programme.

He spent four days in Miami before heading to Vegas, viewed as a holiday and pre-conditioning camp before a training block in Portugal. Back home, Rogers has hired a personal chef during the week to help with his diet and nutritional intake.

Rogers has a support network with his best interests at heart while offering a certain expertise. “I think if he didn’t have older siblings or parents close by, you wouldn’t have people saying no,” Belgrave says. “We always say: spend moderately. So spend your money, enjoy yourself, enjoy your life, you never know how long it can last, but rein it in.

“Morgan speaks to our mum every day and sees her once or twice a week. He goes to Nan’s every Sunday, with our aunties and cousins there. He’s very family-orientated. If he’s got a home game that day, he will come straight after.”

Edited by ender4
  • Like 3

Looks like him and Ramsey have a great relationship off the pitch, on the pitch those 2 and Maatsen (who has also been pictured with them a lot) could be so dangerous together down that left flank. If all stay fit they could tear teams apart. 

He looked like how he looked whenever I watched him for Boro; unremarkable. Unai recognized his strengths and played him in a position where frankly he was becoming unplayable near the end of the season. I hope he's not considered to be Ollie's backup this season. Would be an absolute waste.

• Like 1

Already showing improvement as a striker. The lad is absolutely quality, a physical beast and seemingly intelligent enough to buy in and understand the project.

He and JJ back from injury cover the Diaby sale.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â