Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

3 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Be interesting to know what price he would be to get an England call - up this season. His progress has grown exponentially. Stood out like a proud Peacock. 

I think he was rumoured before the season end and him getting injured. Don’t think odds would be that high

Fingers crossed he will be undropable this season.

If we can shift 5 or 6 more players and get 2 1st 14s in I will be more than happy.

With 4 to come back in the the squad in 

Mings bundia  Ramsey and kamara ( all 1st teamers on their day) 

Trim the squad down and bank the money because we should have more than enough genuine 1st teamers after selling

Cash monero donk carlos olsen diaby duran 

Can definitely see Rogers getting into the England squad this season. 

I love Bailey, but imagine if we have Ramsey, Rogers and JPB flying behind Watkins for Villa this season. We could have an England front 4, especially if Carsley got the job who will know Ramsey, Rogers and JPB well from the U21 squad

• Like 1

I still think he’s got a lot to learn and I think we are over hyping him a little bit still a bit raw in my opinion but definitely something the gaffer can work with to improve

• Like 1

The absolute prime example of trusting in Emery. Middlesbrough thought he was decentish but that’s it. We were all scratching our heads. And look at him now - he looks like a real gem and will be knocking on the door of the England team in no time at all. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TRO said:

is it me?.....or does he just get better, every game?

Agreed .... His presence on the pitch is becoming intimidating to the opposition and he is still 21 for another five days!

• Like 1

i also worry were over hyping. good output at the end of last season and he seems to have carried that on. 6 or 7 perm goals and the same assists would be superb. Keep him around the team and let him learn. from what i saw, ramsey is the smarter all round player, Rodger more dangerous around the box.

• Like 1

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was a revelation last year and very excited to see how he pushes on this season but people need to slow down. We’re two 45 minutes into preseason. He also worked his ass off over the off season so is likely fitter than everyone else right now. Just tempering the giddiness. Fingers crossed for a big season from him though

If this had been Felix playing we would be gushing at 3 goals and an assist in 90 minutes of football. 

It isn’t just the output though, it’s the positions he is picking up, his awareness of runners and making the right decisions.  

He looks accomplished at the age of 21 and has been the stand out player for me in these friendlies.

• Like 3

We have exceptional talent in some very promising young players.

consistency will be key.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, alexvilla4 said:

Can definitely see Rogers getting into the England squad this season. 

I love Bailey, but imagine if we have Ramsey, Rogers and JPB flying behind Watkins for Villa this season. We could have an England front 4, especially if Carsley got the job who will know Ramsey, Rogers and JPB well from the U21 squad

Bailey is still a class act…..he  Is more about “great moments”…..but those moments are special.

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was a revelation last year and very excited to see how he pushes on this season but people need to slow down. We’re two 45 minutes into preseason. He also worked his ass off over the off season so is likely fitter than everyone else right now. Just tempering the giddiness. Fingers crossed for a big season from him though

He ended last season well and has started pre season excellently so very often you see those players hit the ground running. When Gabby was actually good he tended to have strong ends to prem seasons and then open up with hat trick v Man. City on opening day of 2008 so I can see Rogers being among similar lines and giving us a credible solution to rest Ollie for games here and there.

The way Rogers took his goals v Chelsea and Bournemouth were very promising as both required different finishes so huge amount to build on.

If we're selling Diaby and Duran for 80m then it wouldn't shock me if we decide to keep Cam around until January aswell. Home grown and sure he wouldn't mind potentially getting a few minutes in CL.

Edited by VillaChris

I think Morgan will be groomed as a goal scorer, that may seem pretty obvious, when he’s scoring, but his whole game is shaping up as a front man.

There is still work to make him top class…..but it won’t surprise me in the slightest if he achieves elite status.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

As it stands I think he saves us 50m this summer.

Can see him starting the season as support striker to Ollie (with Ramsey back on the left if he's fit) and then I can see him getting a run out in league cup as actual CF. If he does well then it could just be a case of us slotting him as CF if we decide to rest Ollie or heaven forbid he misses a game injured.

Guy is in the zone currently as they say in many sports.

We have Ramsey, Philogene and Iling who can all play on the left and Tielemens, McGinn and Bailey can all play the SS role. Throw Buendia in the mix as well.  So plenty of cover for Rogers if we wanted to experiment him at CF.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â