Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

14 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

Hands up who hasn't got Morgan in their fantasy drafts......5m absolute steal. 

I think I might just be changing my team.  Not sure whether to load up on Morgan, Bailey and Ollie?

He's just a brilliant talent, we saw it last season. He has physical attributes for Premier League and has amazing footballing talent to go with it, finds good passes, scores goals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I think he'll get figured out this season and have a much tougher season than everyone else seems to think (over the last page).

Not calling him an unknown before he came from Boro, but now he's played, and done well, in his few appearances, I think teams will cater more for him than they did before hand.

I obviously hope I'm wrong, but I just get the feeling he isn't quite going to hit the heights we hope he will - just yet.

Sometimes a tough and rough season does players well though (Gareth Barry), so I'm sure as dog dirt going to support him.

It's all very well having a plan - but there's no obvious way to stop him.  He's big, strong, got quick feet, decent acceleration and pretty quick.  If you man-mark him he's big and strong enough to wrestle his way past people, if you drop off he's quick and skillful enough to leave players trailing in his wake.  Plus if you focus on Rogers then it gives room for the likes of Bailey, Ollie and Tielemans to exploit.

As an example - McGinn should be easy for teams to stop.  He's got one move.  Collect the ball, stick his arse out and then turn the other way.  Yet very few teams seem to have been able to stop him doing it successfully.  Rogers has more weapons in his armoury.  Palmer and Foden are tricky to stop.  I think Rogers will be in the same bracket as them.

• Like 3

Looks so good and continuing his form from last season this pre season.

Will be a key player this season.

It's bizarre that Rogers has been so undervalued in the past. Man city getting rid and him having to go to the championship. Boro not rating him that highly and selling for a fraction of the price he is worth. There wasn't even any reported competition for his signature when we were in for him.I think he is a bit like Martinez, who doesn't top the stats tables but has all the attributes to be a top player. 

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It's bizarre that Rogers has been so undervalued in the past. Man city getting rid and him having to go to the championship. Boro not rating him that highly and selling for a fraction of the price he is worth. There wasn't even any reported competition for his signature when we were in for him.I think he is a bit like Martinez, who doesn't top the stats tables but has all the attributes to be a top player. 

Tbf most on here were not that fussed when he arrived.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wiggyrichard said:

Key player this season, play him in the 10 and let him do what he does 👍🏻

Yep I think the freedom to roam rather than the requirements on the left will get the best out of him, his ability running with the ball, his turning in tight space are great. His passing and shooting is already good but imagine if that improves 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, allani said:

It's all very well having a plan - but there's no obvious way to stop him.  He's big, strong, got quick feet, decent acceleration and pretty quick.  If you man-mark him he's big and strong enough to wrestle his way past people, if you drop off he's quick and skillful enough to leave players trailing in his wake.  Plus if you focus on Rogers then it gives room for the likes of Bailey, Ollie and Tielemans to exploit.

As an example - McGinn should be easy for teams to stop.  He's got one move.  Collect the ball, stick his arse out and then turn the other way.  Yet very few teams seem to have been able to stop him doing it successfully.  Rogers has more weapons in his armoury.  Palmer and Foden are tricky to stop.  I think Rogers will be in the same bracket as them.

**** hope so!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â