Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

Who was he training with ?

It's great to see so many of our players doing their own training while on holidays.

Business must be booming for Personal/Private trainers.

7 hours ago, jacksonho said:

There was an interview with McGinn a couple of years back about how he is fitter at the start of the season then he was years prior. Essentially he said the level of the game was getting higher all the time, if you don't keep active over the off season you start pre season behind the rest of the people you are fighting for positions with and also other teams which impacts your start to the season. 

Ii seems good but what about just resting? But I'm sure they know what they are doing.

3 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ii seems good but what about just resting? But I'm sure they know what they are doing.

If they’re not at the Euros then they wouldn’t have played since mid-late May, so they’ve had 6 weeks of rest, and then get back on it for a week before pre-season. 

11 hours ago, Jas10 said:

He’s been training with a few others at The Campus, Quinta do Lago, on the Algarve. High performance sports complex and it’s a stunning place. 

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

Why is everyone doing off season work? This isn’t normal is it? I’ve never seen it before at Villa or any other club. 

I thought players just went to Dubai, private islands, etc and partied, drank, ate a few burgers and kebabs, chilled on the beach, etc until it was time to come back for pre-season. 

But we’ve had similar posts from 4-5 players at Villa recently.

Professionalism, they had holidays but these lads have determination to improve

The days of signing selfish clearings in the woods is over

• Like 1

For many of them this also the first time they’ll be in the champions league, playing on the biggest stages under a very bright spotlight. It would sharpen my mind somewhat too. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Ya could have given us a "shit music" warning

Beach boys??

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Professionalism, they had holidays but these lads have determination to improve

The days of signing selfish clearings in the woods is over

The Unai factor. UTV!!!!!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Was chatting to a Boro fan yesterday and he said they wernt bothered when he was sold. Shocked at how good he now looks. 

I think that mirrors the view of most, as there wasn't any hype about Rogers from anyone, Boro fans or neutrals. Looking at the price we paid, not even his club rated him highly.

If Emery and the scouts are able to identify to quality talent that others can't then that is great for us! 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 3

On 04/07/2024 at 20:26, Panto_Villan said:

It means Unai set them a rigorous program of eating kebabs, chilling on the beach and partying on private islands that Morgan has now completed.

(I’ve not watched the clip but I assume it’s just 50 seconds of him jamming burgers and WKD in his mouth.)

Following in his footsteps…

spacer.png

• Haha 1

On 05/07/2024 at 07:36, Mr_Dogg said:

You can't just rest for 6-8 weeks if you're a pro athlete. You can take a week or two but you need to be doing some fitness work to keep your condition. If you go full Eden hazard then you never get your fitness back. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â