Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It’s funny to think Boro fans thought they’d pulled our pants down 😂

To be fair, I thought they had as well, at the time.
How wrong I was. It's strange as I had followed his career a bit when he was at ManC & was very highly thought of. I specifically watched a couple of Lincoln games where he played with Brennan Johnson & it was Johnson who stood out the most of the two. His stock dropped from there at the likes of Bournemouth & Blackpool. 
So when we were linked to him at Boro after they had purchased him for £1M about six months earlier, I too thought they were taking our pants down.
I don't think that I have ever been so happy to be proven wrong. His physical size & power, coupled with his technical ability & vision make him quite special & looks an absolute bargain right about now. The beauty of his game is that at only 22, he still has growing into his potential. And with Emery as his teacher, along with what appears to be a good bunch of mates all around the same age with Ramsey, Maatsen, Onana, Philogene, Iling-Junior, Barranechea, etc, he appears to have found a home at Villa.
And we are all the stronger for it.

• Like 3

Bought for £8m. After just other half a season under the Don worth £80m.

A combination of a special talent and special coaching from a special manager.

• Like 2

I realise it's very objective, but I'd love to know how many 'wonderkids ' (allow it) Emery has signed throughout his career. 

Rogers, Onana, Kosta all looking like they could be superb, I haven't seen one transfer yet that's made me think he's not operating in cheat mode.

Big fan.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, romavillan said:

There were a few times where he'd done amazingly well to get through their lines and then played the wrong ball, or a ball to no-one. A more mature player maybe would have a clearer picture in their head in those situations. The only names that come to mind though were world class so that's a good sign;

He's going to get all that maturity playing for us and more importantly with building that understanding with the likes of Tielemans, Onana, Maatsen, Jaden, Ramsey, Ned, Enzo, etc.  We're going to have a really, really good team in a couple of seasons (not that we don't already!).

• Like 1

His decision making can be a little off at times which is the only criticism you can give him.

He's very raw still but I do believe he will only get better.

People are right having watched his game back - he could have made a couple of better decisions. But, crucially, he can weight a pass. Emery will be drilling the importance of good decision making into him.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 2

Powerhouse of a performance yesterday, bullied Rice and Partey all game.

Still room to improve but he just has a huge confidence to his game and is quickly becoming one of our most important players.

He's so good, it's frightening how good he could become. Partey made me laugh, fouled Rogers and ended up on his arse as Rogers continued upfield and then appealed for a foul. Rice will be happy he's only coming up against him twice a season, schooled him tbh.

The impact (confidence) Emery has installed in Rogers has resulted in a transformation in his performances, it's just incredible to witness 👏 

• Like 1

I think he'll be player of the season. I'm sure plenty of people have predicted that already and they're right. He's just made for the League and the team is set up so he is excelling in the second striker role

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pinebro said:

His decision making can be a little off at times which is the only criticism you can give him.

He's very raw still but I do believe he will only get better.

He's not raw. Someone like Adama Traore when he first came here (and even now!) you could call raw.

This kid is a Rolls Royce and already incredibly good. The exciting thing and the part that gets confused is how obvious it is that there is more to come. That doesn't mean he is not great now, it just means he could become a Worldie.

Edited by AndyClarke
  • Like 2

Yeah it's just a matter of finding the perfect role to build the attack around him. Part of the reason things didn't click for him before coming here/Middlesbrough was that he was playing as a fairly traditional winger which is clearly not his best position now. He looks a pure 10 now, maybe a 10/8 hybrid but should be utilised the same way Kaka or Zidane were back in their day.

15 hours ago, MaVilla said:

just an absolute baller, love him.

he has so much potential, i hope he realises it, he is one of the few players we should be building the team around.

He's going to get us many points this year

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still can't believe this lad was at Boro a season ago. He's playing like a generational talent!  Don't think I remember a player rise this quickly.

Dele Alli

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wasn't he very highly rated and had many clubs trying to sign him though before Spurs did. 

A great example of a quick rise and even fall.

We bid for him, I'm sure. 

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Thursday will be a great day for him and us. England squad for Rogers and the CL draw. 

England can wait, I don’t want another player picking up an injury whilst on international duty. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â