Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I must admit, this is a strange link. I'm a big advocate of signing players from the Championship though - I think there are always a handful of players ready to make the step up. 

yep, i can see why people are questioning it, not just from the JPB angle, if he stays there on loan he'll be 22 when he comes to us having played lets say 35-40 games in total (not sure on starts) for boro, i've never heard of him even having played them 2 weeks ago, his wikipedia makes it look like something has gone wrong or he's not developed in a natural curve, he's gone from baggies to man city, played at every england youth level and then seemingly just not broken through past the age of 20 and he's bounced around some loans and not played that much, he's an almost eerily quiet player to me and I'm not sure if that means we've spotted an absolute gem that no one else did - which lets be honest is what the majority of us want in the transfer market - or if there's something with this guy

also weird to me that the day before the FA cup game we were on the brink of signing the other boro youngster and that story just disappeared overnight 

if it pays off then monchi is obviously an absolute genuis, if it doesnt then I'm sure he's also angling for a kind of deal that protects us, if he fails here I'm sure we'd still get 75% of the transfer value back to like a newly promoted team or something, thats the joy of being near the top end of the table

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, i can see why people are questioning it, not just from the JPB angle, if he stays there on loan he'll be 22 when he comes to us having played lets say 35-40 games in total (not sure on starts) for boro, i've never heard of him even having played them 2 weeks ago, his wikipedia makes it look like something has gone wrong or he's not developed in a natural curve, he's gone from baggies to man city, played at every england youth level and then seemingly just not broken through past the age of 20 and he's bounced around some loans and not played that much, he's an almost eerily quiet player to me and I'm not sure if that means we've spotted an absolute gem that no one else did - which lets be honest is what the majority of us want in the transfer market - or if there's something with this guy

also weird to me that the day before the FA cup game we were on the brink of signing the other boro youngster and that story just disappeared overnight 

if it pays off then monchi is obviously an absolute genuis, if it doesnt then I'm sure he's also angling for a kind of deal that protects us, if he fails here I'm sure we'd still get 75% of the transfer value back to like a newly promoted team or something, thats the joy of being near the top end of the table

Which one was that?

ALSO left footed.... It's getting a bit weird 😂.

As I've.mwntioned Unai is a leftie as well, but I'm starting to think there is method to this madness.

I wonder if Left Footers throw opposition teams off with the angles of approach, passing and play etc 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

I have no real knowledge of Rogers (other than he became a beast in one of my older FM saves), but he currently has 6 goals and 7 assists this season from approx. 18 games of football and, from the video on the first page, looks to be exactly the sort of attacking player we're missing.  Maybe Philogene could've been that player - people are saying he pushed for the move - but he isn't.  If you're using £15m as a factual figure then, over a 5 year contract, Rogers' signing would be £3m this season.  We sold Philogene for £5m.  On an FFP basis, that's a £2m profit booked for a "similar" player at worst.

That view only works as a very short term FFP fudge, the £15m still gets deducted from the P&L accounts eventually through the annual amortisation cost.

£15m for a 21 year old who isn’t a guaranteed starter in the championship seems odd to me when we’ve recently sold players of similar profiles for much less. It’s a surprising link to be honest, presumably the club have identified something in his game which stands out as being a particularly good fit, just hope their judgement is nailed on as it’s a lot of money for an unproven championship player. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Makes no sense paying £15m for this lad when we let JPB go for £5m who IMO is far more of an advanced prospect. 

JPB wanted to go out and find a home and first team football and the club did the fair thing and let hi pursue that. Plus different type of players in terms of physique  yet play same positions. Trust Harrison’s judgement. Finally FFP meant £5mill pure book profit last summer,  whereas the fee will be split over 5 years so would work out at £3mill per season. Many factors at play 

1 minute ago, david-avfc said:

That view only works as a very short term FFP fudge, the £15m still gets deducted from the P&L accounts eventually through the annual amortisation cost.

£15m for a 21 year old who isn’t a guaranteed starter in the championship seems odd to me when we’ve recently sold players of similar profiles for much less. It’s a surprising link to be honest, presumably the club have identified something in his game which stands out as being a particularly good fit, just hope their judgement is nailed on as it’s a lot of money for an unproven championship player. 

We’ve obviously identified something. Further, sadly, immediate FFP concerns were apparent.

I imagine (as with other similar players), he’ll either come good for the club or he gets sold. Either £15m hits the P&L eventually, or it doesn’t at that amount. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

We have never been on "the brink of" signing Hackney, nor have we even been linked with him.

5th jan in the transfer thread 

Edit - the source is ropier than I remembered though 

Edited by villa4europe

I'm sure there is a fee we're not prepared to go above.  I wonder would Boro be interested in a fee + player swap, Hause or Chambers or somebody to get them off the book as well. 

17 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Unai seems to also be filling the team with versatile players who are good on the ball. ( This should also help us be less predictable, and more able to switch up tactics at any time )

As mentioned prior, some players may not seem " exciting " on the surface, but as a collective sum... They may make an exciting team with Unai.

Scenes when @TRO finds out we are getting another 6 footer plus in the space of a week.

Its turning I tell you, its turning.....I feel limp.

• Haha 1

They owe us for giving them 35 mills worth of talent last season and Finn Azaz for 50p.
Plus he came through the baggies youth system so he basically belongs to us.

Hand him over Smoggies.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

ALSO left footed.... It's getting a bit weird 😂.

As I've.mwntioned Unai is a leftie as well, but I'm starting to think there is method to this madness.

I wonder if Left Footers throw opposition teams off with the angles of approach, passing and play etc 🤔

don't tell the owners.....they might bring Farage in to counsel him.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Spoony said:

I can’t give any opinion on any Emery dealings as I haven’t got a clue who any of them are!

was UE  a Centro Nacional de Inteligencia Agent in his youth?

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Limp, I've gone limp, with excitement.

Bring in Andy Gray’s mom to help 😂

sorry!

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm sure there is a fee we're not prepared to go above.  I wonder would Boro be interested in a fee + player swap, Hause or Chambers or somebody to get them off the book as well. 

208073.jpg?b64lines=IFlPVVIgbUFOQUdFUiBP

209325.jpg?b64lines=SSBET1VCVCBNWSBtYW5h 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

We said that about David Platt......who knows, its a gamble.

but when you have top personnel in the back room staff....its worth a punt.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â