Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

Do wonder why he didn't start. Thought he did well against Arsenal. Maybe Emery felt the game may go the way it did and we'd have an onslaught at the end and better to bring him on for it fresh rather than Bogarde. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do wonder why he didn't start. Thought he did well against Arsenal. Maybe Emery felt the game may go the way it did and we'd have an onslaught at the end and better to bring him on for it fresh rather than Bogarde. 

I think those are the right set of games to start playing some players. Would’ve liked Enzo to be around, could’ve featured. But hopefully he does well in Spain. 
I think next home game, Ned will start, hopefully he step up and show that he can lead that position through the season.

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Emery didn't trust him yet with our build up structure as much as a player like Bogarde (who has played a lot in midfield so is more comfortable on the ball). I think Konsa would have started at RB had Carlos been fit. 

• Like 1

Maybe Cash is out for longer than we think and Emery wants to try and give our youngsters a fair amount of game time to develop rather than just throwing them in for a full 90. Thought he did well when he game on.

I didn't think Kosta was quite ready for a start following his Arsenal performance , but he's definitely more ready than Bogarde. Whilst Cash & Carlos are both out, it should be Kosta starting.

I wonder if Bogarde was the player closest to Geertruida's profile of the 2 and it was a bit of frustration from Emery showing to chuck the kid in

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I didn't think Kosta was quite ready for a start following his Arsenal performance , but he's definitely more ready than Bogarde. Whilst Cash & Carlos are both out, it should be Kosta starting.

I wonder if Bogarde was the player closest to Geertruida's profile of the 2 and it was a bit of frustration from Emery showing to chuck the kid in

He is.

I do think that Emery needs to pick one of them & go with it for a few games though because whichever one it is, they need to get used to Emerys system & that usually takes a few games for a seasoned pro.

I think I would go with Nedeljkovic because he has more first team experiences with his previous club.

I think whichever it is, it means a slower transition into the team for Maatsen because we don't want two young players in the backline getting used to Emerys system at the same time. 

17 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I dont think it was frustration, but I do think bogarde is closer to what emery wants from a right back. 

I do wonder though if the decision is different if Leon Bailey doesn't start. 

Unai wants Bailey high and wide, this means a right back who's very disciplined and Kosta is not that yet. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cheltenham_villa said:

I dont think it was frustration, but I do think bogarde is closer to what emery wants from a right back. 

I do wonder though if the decision is different if Leon Bailey doesn't start. 

Unai wants Bailey high and wide, this means a right back who's very disciplined and Kosta is not that yet. 

Yes I think Bogarde is much more comfortable with the ball as a 3rd CB whereas Kosta clearly has the overlap and carrying ability down the line. 

Depending on the severity of Leon’s injury, Kosta might see more time if McGinn plays on the right more. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Yes I think Bogarde is much more comfortable with the ball as a 3rd CB whereas Kosta clearly has the overlap and carrying ability down the line. 

Depending on the severity of Leon’s injury, Kosta might see more time if McGinn plays on the right more. 

it wouldnt surprise me. if Mcginn plays in there, we will need an overlapping full back with a right foot.

• Like 1

I must be half pissed (admittedly I'm a good few pints in on holiday) or missing the gist here.

Ned is a right back- Bogarde isn't. Just play the right players in the right position - don't over complicate things.

I'm awaiting the usual onslaught of 'Unai knows more than all of us' and I'm sure he does, but even a genius fecks up every now and then....and that was yesterday. We were lucky to get away with it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

I must be half pissed (admittedly I'm a good few pints in on holiday) or missing the gist here.

Ned is a right back- Bogarde isn't. Just play the right players in the right position - don't over complicate things.

I'm awaiting the usual onslaught of 'Unai knows more than all of us' and I'm sure he does, but even a genius fecks up every now and then....and that was yesterday. We were lucky to get away with it.

he does know more than all of us indeed. but we can still disagree with him.

having put bogarde in and unai saying he did well in his post match, i expect him to start vs everton (or konsa RB with carlos CB if he's fit then)

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s been called up to the main Serbian squad now. Well in Ned. 

Not surprising as they have no real depth at RB, he was apparently going to be in their squad for the euros until the injury. Be good to see him get some mins.

19 hours ago, Dillon66 said:

But not true because RB has always had far more different responsibilities under Unai given our attacking LB’s.

So Kosta being a traditional RB will be useful but in the same way Cash has sometimes struggled with the non-traditional asks Unai has demanded, Kosta will take some time to adjust too. 

Hence why Unai will consider other options at RB and why Kosta will continue to not be an automatic selection just because he’s the most traditional RB. 

5 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

But not true because RB has always had far more different responsibilities under Unai given our attacking LB’s.

So Kosta being a traditional RB will be useful but in the same way Cash has sometimes struggled with the non-traditional asks Unai has demanded, Kosta will take some time to adjust too. 

Hence why Unai will consider other options at RB and why Kosta will continue to not be an automatic selection just because he’s the most traditional RB. 

A DM that can play CB actually is a good fit for the non-traditional RB role that Emery wants. Can form a back 3 with the two CBs, or tuck into midfield as an additional DM. Cash or Kosta can’t do this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â