Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

Do people think need will be first choice sat with cash out. He did well for a rookie youth, but to some extent he was a fault for both goals. Or Konsa and bring in Carlos? 

3 minutes ago, tommytenjobs said:

Do people think need will be first choice sat with cash out. He did well for a rookie youth, but to some extent he was a fault for both goals. Or Konsa and bring in Carlos? 

Konsa to RB for me. Especially as we’re playing against Dycheball. That would potentially put Kosta under quite a bit of physical pressure.

Once Kosta came on arsenal doubled Bailey. They weren't worried about an 18 year old making his 2nd PL appearance.  On the defensive side he made a critical error on the 2nd goal by letting Trossard ghost in behind him. 

He isn't ready to contribute serious minutes for a top 4 PL club in the CL for the first time in decades. If Carlos can't be trusted then we absolutely need to make another right sided defender purchase. 

If his Wiki is to be believed he hasn't even made 50 appearances at the senior level. Monchi should find a good loan for Kosta that's a step up from the first division Serbian league he was last in but not the elite League in all of Europe that the PL is. Maybe a bundesliga club or even a top half championship club. 

29 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Konsa to RB for me. Especially as we’re playing against Dycheball. That would potentially put Kosta under quite a bit of physical pressure.

Please no, no and ...... no !

Konsa is a CH and a good one too. Play him at RB and we weaken at RB and at CH. It looked very dodgy last season so leave Konsa at the heart of the defence and stay with Ned.

11 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Please no, no and ...... no !

Konsa is a CH and a good one too. Play him at RB and we weaken at RB and at CH. It looked very dodgy last season so leave Konsa at the heart of the defence and stay with Ned.

Some of our best performances last season came with Konsa at RB.

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Some of our best performances last season came with Konsa at RB.

Despite that, he's best at CB and it would make sense to keep him there. 

Edited by lexicon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

Some of our best performances last season came despite Konsa at RB.

Corrected for you !

It isn't just about position, Ezri is a huge voice at the back. He reads situations very well and organises those around him. Throw him out to the right flank and we lose that which is where - in my opinion - we suffered with Carlos/Torres in partnership. Mess with the RB position - try things - but don't ever mess with the heart of the defence.

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 1

What really stood out for me,was how he just jockeyed the opponent when in dangerous areas of the pitch. Only eighteen years old, and he seems less impetuous than Cash. Tells you an awful lot about this kid's mentality if Unai is showing him that kind of trust at such an important moment. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 4

I thought Nedeljkovic did pretty well against Martinelli as it was pace against pace & he has more of it than Martinelli. Unfortunately, when Trossard came on, his clever movement caused problems for Nedeljkovic & he struggled a bit.

But he showed enough in that game to say that he has a lot of potential to grow into. Especially facing a title challenging team at the age of 18. I think if we had been looking at that performance from the outside, we would be highlighting the positives a bit more, but at the same time, recognising that at the age of 18, he has a few rough edges.

Im not sure if he should start games in the near future, especially as I want us to sign Geertruida or a player like him, but if we cant, then we might find that throwing him into the deep end means that he learns to swim pretty fast. And lets face it, our run of fixtures coming up are not bad ones to bed in a young player, not only so that he finds his own feet, but he also gets comfortable with the way that Emery plays.

I feel that the RB situation might have an impact on how often we see Maatsen being played too. We don't want two rookies learning the ropes at the same time in the backline. Unless we are two or three up at the end of games & we throw Maatsen on the pitch, & maybe even Bogarde.

But thats probably a bit of wishful thinking, lol.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2024 at 17:34, tommytenjobs said:

As stated earlier in the thread...

"1st goal Ned was marking his man and I think it was Bailey who should have been picking up Trossard, and it was Rogers attempted clearance that gave them the opportunity. 

2nd goal he was holding a perfect line but it was a great ball and run, and the goal didn't come from that phase of play, but the second phase where someone on the left (Ramsey or Digne) should have been picking up and closing down Partey, and Martinez should have been saving the shot anyway.

To blame him for either of those goals is ridiculous."

I guess if he's first choice on Saturday or not will show us how much Emery rated his performance against Arsenal.

Given that he was first choice to replace Cash in the last game where we had Carlos available (especially given how well he played aginst them last season), I'd expect Ned to start again.

• Like 2

On 25/08/2024 at 18:08, Rightdm00 said:

Once Kosta came on arsenal doubled Bailey. They weren't worried about an 18 year old making his 2nd PL appearance.  On the defensive side he made a critical error on the 2nd goal by letting Trossard ghost in behind him. 

He isn't ready to contribute serious minutes for a top 4 PL club in the CL for the first time in decades. If Carlos can't be trusted then we absolutely need to make another right sided defender purchase. 

If his Wiki is to be believed he hasn't even made 50 appearances at the senior level. Monchi should find a good loan for Kosta that's a step up from the first division Serbian league he was last in but not the elite League in all of Europe that the PL is. Maybe a bundesliga club or even a top half championship club. 

Totally disagree about sending him on loan - for an 18 year old he has plenty of experience, he will gain more from training with our squad and world class manager, with the occasional game time, rather than going on loan somewhere else, playing a different brand of football in a different leagues, with different requirements, whilst learning and adapting to new teammates and surroundings (again). 

Loans are overrated. 

Edited by Chicken Field
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Konsa is our best right back, he's brilliant there.

He's not going to play there, he's also a brilliant centreback and that's where the manager wants him - with Mings out, it's imperative that he stays there and that someone settles outside him. Nedeljkovic has all the attributes needed to do that but we might need to forgive an occasional error or two as he gains experience - he's mentally really strong and seems to have no fear of playing against just about anyone - I don't worry with him starting at RB and I think if he does, in three or four games once he really finds his confidence, he could excel.

Fully agree. Criticism of him is harsh, especially as he's arguably better than the lad he's filling in for, lack of experience aside.

On 27/08/2024 at 14:53, OutByEaster? said:

He's not going to play there, he's also a brilliant centreback and that's where the manager wants him - with Mings out, it's imperative that he stays there and that someone settles outside him. Nedeljkovic has all the attributes needed to do that but we might need to forgive an occasional error or two as he gains experience - he's mentally really strong and seems to have no fear of playing against just about anyone - I don't worry with him starting at RB and I think if he does, in three or four games once he really finds his confidence, he could excel.

Konsa may well be better at right - back, defensively, than Cash, but not offensively. I think Konsa is wasted at right  - back. He's the best defender at the club, by a long way imo.

• Thanks 1

£4m isn't he? Secret weapon. 

Kosta cross for a late run header from Onana against Leicester. My Mystic Meg pubes have tingled and I saw the vision clearly. 

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

This is his big moment. I welcome him to my FPL team on a 1 week trial.

Loads of WCs this week going to be in the mud with 3-4 red dots soon potentially

• Like 1

On 27/08/2024 at 14:53, OutByEaster? said:

I’m not sure Emery does want Konsa at CB. I think he’s wanted to play him at right back since the start of last season. 

Unfortunately we don’t have a CB good enough to make up for Konsa not being there

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â