Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

What an opportunity/ test for him today.  Equipped himself so well. but Cash, at this moment in time,  is the better fit in our back line. Give this lad more time in the setup and like Maatsen the sky's the limit. 

His pace is going to be a huge asset 

8 hours ago, Cizzler said:

I’m not blaming him, or writing him off. But he shouldn’t play another minute this season. So timid to engage, did nothing on the ball. Lost Trossard for the first goal, lost the run in behind for the second goal.

Just looked dreadful. It’s telling that he’s a step down from Cash, who’s one of the weakest players in our first XI.

you’re not writing him off and yet you say he shouldn’t play another minute this season? 

frankly, I’m not sure if we were watching different games but the Kosta I saw vs Arsenal performed more than capably with his defensive duties

• Like 1

I’m not sure how people saying he was bad? What if he had a day as bad as Watkins?!

Even Bailey wasn’t at his best. Yet Rogers who people use to think not ready is the player that is having the upper hand against each opponent. If he’s good enough just play him wether he was a teenager or whatever. I don’t think Cash would’ve done much better. 

I’m not saying no for getting Geertruida or whoever, just if that’s the case, Ned should be his cover, he isn’t bad for the time being but huge potential.

I thought he handled the game really well yesterday. He had to play more defensive than he'd like but considering the opposition that was a strong start.

It was obvious that his team mates were trying to protect him not giving him the ball which unbalanced us slightly, especially early on when we had more control.

Biggest compliment I can give him is that after a few attempts to get martinelli isolated against him early on they they swapped back to coming down the other channel as his pace nullified the threat.

He will be a beast with a few games under his belt

• Like 3

I was really impressed with the lad. Excellent 1v1 defending against Martinelli and also retained possession well under pressure. Exposed on first goal but tbh we’ve seen Cash do that plenty big times before. Also Bailey’s tracking back started to drop off in last 20mins. I remember Moreno struggling when he came on for his debut vs Leeds so I really do not have concerns over KN. For me, even if Cash wasn’t injured, I would like to see KN have a run of starts already. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cizzler said:

“Villa talk never changes”… then proceeds to rehash exactly what everyone else has said above, that he’s not ready for the PL yet but one for the future.

You entirely misread what I said, I said he was fine but to others he's not Premier ready after 70 minutes which is a crazy notion. 

Thought he did pretty well considering he probably wasn’t expecting to come on so early in the match.

Acquitted himself well against the pacy Martinelli.

As an 18yr old he’s already well skilled and combative but you can also see he will undoubtedly improve. 

Edited by theboyangel

I agree with the concencus that he did well. Adding that to being 18 years old being thrown in on the deep end against one of the best teams in the League, not having played in the Premier League(albeit a few minutes). I say he did very well. Can't wait to see what a player he'll be once given time to adapt to the pace and physicality of the league. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

you’re not writing him off and yet you say he shouldn’t play another minute this season? 

frankly, I’m not sure if we were watching different games but the Kosta I saw vs Arsenal performed more than capably with his defensive duties

Yes… not exactly a dichotomy is it. Not writing him off. He’s 18. How many 18 year old right backs are PL ready - he’s definitely got potential.

But imo he was miles off being a PL starter. Clearly a lot of people feel differently, fair enough.

Personally I thought he was really timid trying to win the ball back. I can only remember one tackle he made. He let the winger drive at him and was happy to give up large bits of the pitch (compare that to how tight Digne was to Saka, or Cash to Kudus last week). I saw Konsa having to engage Martinelli in the channel a few times because Ned had stood off so much. He wasn’t great on the ball - some sloppy passes. He didn’t show for the ball much at all when we had deep possession.

I think he’s been done on the run in behind for the second goal too. He’s clearly lost his man for the first goal too - as he’s nowhere near Trossard.

All of the above is perfectly expected for an 18 year old. I remember thinking Morgan Rogers was pants on his debut, and yet he turned it around in 4-5 games - ended last season strongly and then has been obviously phenomenal for us this season.

It’s a game of opinions and I’m not trashing him. I think if he want to finish top 4 again, I think we need an upgrade to Cash - and on current levels Ned isn’t that.

• Like 1

Thought the kid did well against a top side. He was off one opponent and Arsenal had to bring on their super sub to get the better of him.

Got done with two balls played over the top but overall not a bad start.

Interesting that Emery brought him on instead of switching Ezri to RB and bringing on Carlos. Think in hindsight I would’ve preferred to see Carlos come on but it shows that Emery wants Ezri at CB whenever possible.

11 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

Interesting that Emery brought him on instead of switching Ezri to RB and bringing on Carlos. Think in hindsight I would’ve preferred to see Carlos come on but it shows that Emery wants Ezri at CB whenever possible.

He said post match Konsa is a CB and Cash/Kosta cover RB or words to that effect

16 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

He said post match Konsa is a CB and Cash/Kosta cover RB or words to that effect

If that's the case then surely we'll be bringing in someone at RB because Konsa is a better RB than Cash and Ned (currently) are.

38 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

If that's the case then surely we'll be bringing in someone at RB because Konsa is a better RB than Cash and Ned (currently) are.

Konsa is one of best CBs in PL though. Cash played majority of games at RB last season for team that finished 4th in the league. Kosta already trained for Emery system. Assuming new signing going to come in fresh to back 4 and not be problematic is huge leap of faith

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 hour ago, Cizzler said:

Yes… not exactly a dichotomy is it. Not writing him off. He’s 18. How many 18 year old right backs are PL ready - he’s definitely got potential.

But imo he was miles off being a PL starter. Clearly a lot of people feel differently, fair enough.

Personally I thought he was really timid trying to win the ball back. I can only remember one tackle he made. He let the winger drive at him and was happy to give up large bits of the pitch (compare that to how tight Digne was to Saka, or Cash to Kudus last week). I saw Konsa having to engage Martinelli in the channel a few times because Ned had stood off so much. He wasn’t great on the ball - some sloppy passes. He didn’t show for the ball much at all when we had deep possession.

I think he’s been done on the run in behind for the second goal too. He’s clearly lost his man for the first goal too - as he’s nowhere near Trossard.

All of the above is perfectly expected for an 18 year old. I remember thinking Morgan Rogers was pants on his debut, and yet he turned it around in 4-5 games - ended last season strongly and then has been obviously phenomenal for us this season.

It’s a game of opinions and I’m not trashing him. I think if he want to finish top 4 again, I think we need an upgrade to Cash - and on current levels Ned isn’t that.

Yes it's a game of opinions, and you have the right to your opinion even if your opinion isn't right, but frankly I think the "analysis" above is ridiculous.

1st goal Ned was marking his man and I think it was Bailey who should have been picking up Trossard, and it was Rogers attempted clearance that gave them the opportunity. 

2nd goal he was holding a perfect line but it was a great ball and run, and the goal didn't come from that phase of play, but the second phase where someone on the left ( Ramsey or Digne) should have been picking up and closing down Partey, and Martinez should have been saving the shot anyway.

To blame him for either of those goals is ridiculous.

Given the circumstances, coming on early in the game against arguably the 2nd best side in the PL after only having played a very nervy 10 mins against West Ham, I think he played brilliantly and dealt with the pressure extremely well. 

Yes lots of room for improvement but I think he's going to be some player for us.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

What? Who is saying we should loan him to Swansea? People are saying that, although he’s very promising and exciting, we should bring in someone more developed and experienced like Geertruida so we aren’t relying so heavily on Kosta. 

Go back a couple of pages and there are a few huge over-reactions calling for him never to play another minute for us this season, needing to be sent on loan and play in the Championship for a season or only play in the league cup against non PL teams.  I try to ignore the drama queens as much as possible but got suckered in this time.

I think 95% of people on here (me included) would agree with the second point.  Geert would be a good signing - seems to fit the way that we want to play, allows us to give Ned 20-30 minutes to build up his confidence, etc and gives us good cover at RB (him, Konsa and Kosta) plus gives some extra CB cover (which may need further strengthening depending on whether Carlos stays).

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â