Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

22 minutes ago, useless said:

Am confused, going by the reaction was expecting a very shakey game from him, but watched the full replay and he looked fine to me, and didn't see major mistake people are talking about. Made good clearance from a Ward Prowse set-piece, and stopped Summerville getting in a cross when he was in a very dangerous position, those two moments alone may well have stopped West Ham getting an equalizer. The praise he had been getting in pre-season was based more on his ability on the ball, and attacking play, the game yesterday as it was when he came on didn't really allow him to show that, but seemed to do fine otherwise, maybe not perfect, but he's eighteen, making his proper debut in new country

It was dawdling on the ball and losing it near the touchline. Then went to Summerville who dragged Konsa out of position and got the cross in that Ings headed at Emi.

He'll learn but Unai will have noticed that for sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First time I’ve seen him and looked very shaky when he came on. That’s not surprising really when it was his debut in the fast pace of the Premiership. Totally different to pre-season!

However, give him time to get up to speed and I’m sure he will be fine.

Looks a real unit though with pace to burn.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was dawdling on the ball and losing it near the touchline. Then went to Summerville who dragged Konsa out of position and got the cross in that Ings headed at Emi.

He'll learn but Unai will have noticed that for sure.

That's partly down to unai himself though, instruction number one will be keep the ball, down just ping it forward, when under pressure don't just smash it away, his dawdling is looking up the line the pass not being on so turning back and getting himself in a mess

The frustrating thing was Konsa was on and so was Martinez but there was a hesitation leading to him losing the ball 

No doubt he's here at the club because he didn't break instruction one, the rest will come 

1 hour ago, useless said:

Am confused, going by the reaction was expecting a very shakey game from him, but watched the full replay and he looked fine to me, and didn't see major mistake people are talking about. Made good clearance from a Ward Prowse set-piece, and stopped Summerville getting in a cross when he was in a very dangerous position, those two moments alone may well have stopped West Ham getting an equalizer. The praise he had been getting in pre-season was based more on his ability on the ball, and attacking play, the game yesterday as it was when he came on didn't really allow him to show that, but seemed to do fine otherwise, maybe not perfect, but he's eighteen, making his proper debut in new country

100% correct, the narrative on here should be, that this was some very valuable minutes for him and can help bring him on, we had similar issues with Rogers in first few games.

I've noticed in last week or two , a little change in posts on here ,  not sure if people are just spoiled and just behaving like little brats but some of the stuff has been hard to read.

• Like 2

We have one of the best training grounds in the country with, first class facilities & coaches, alongside the second best manager in the league -  an elite set up and some of y’all think it’s best he goes to a poorer club with inferior facilities being trained by inferior coaches and work under an inferior manager in a mediocre set up just to get some minutes … Why exactly at this point is that good for his development ? 

Thought it was interesting that when Cash got injured, it was Ned that came on, rather than Carlos, with Konsa shifting to RB. Not sure if this says anything at all, and if it does it might say more about Carlos than anything else. I suppose one it definitely says is that we have more squad depth. Last season, the Carlos in Konsa to RB would have been the only option. 

We can't really afford to let him go out on loan - if  he does, Konsa becomes our second right back and we can't afford to move Konsa over.

Never mind judgements on the player, his age, his future and his development, we don't have the squad to send him out on loan - there's no way we let him out.

Good to see him get on yesterday, a big challenge at a time when we were defending a lead against a side that are strong down the sides, he made the odd mistake, but he showed that calm determination that's been impressive in pre-season and he'll be a better player for having been involved yesterday.,

He's a brilliant prospect that I think will go on to start a good number of games this season.

• Like 4

It's extremely rare for a defender of that age to actually get meaningful minutes at this high a level, the fact he's getting trusted to play at all speaks to how highly he must be rated.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, VillaTO said:

Thought it was interesting that when Cash got injured, it was Ned that came on, rather than Carlos, with Konsa shifting to RB. Not sure if this says anything at all, and if it does it might say more about Carlos than anything else. I suppose one it definitely says is that we have more squad depth. Last season, the Carlos in Konsa to RB would have been the only option. 

Nedeljkovic is a better it more natural right back than Konsa, who is a top centre half. I think it was the correct call.

I also think it was telling we had ridiculous pace at full back once Nedeljkovic and Maatsen came on and West Ham's wing play was less effective.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Nedeljkovic is a better it more natural right back than Konsa, who is a top centre half. I think it was the correct call.

I also think it was telling we had ridiculous pace at full back once Nedeljkovic and Maatsen came on and West Ham's wing play was less effective.

I think Kudus tiring also played a big part in that tbf but obviously it was a good sub on Unai's part. 

Can’t criticize him for yesterday. He came in a tough circumstances, that right side was all new to the league and new to the game itself as well. West Ham were chasing the game while he was trying to keep possession to impress Unai. I don’t think those moments players can be judged at, especially new ones (let alone young ones). If he played first half for example when we were controlling the game while growing into it, I doubt he’d need to do such a mistake. 
Next is Arsenal, again a very tough opponent to judge him against. But I think he’ll be more than fine and I expect him to be more reliable than Cash. Not because Cash is bad, but he’s limited. 

19 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

I dont think he's ready yet. 

Same was said about, Ramsey, Rogers, Duran maybe he isn’t up to speed but give him time he can’t adjust without the game time.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Can’t criticize him for yesterday. He came in a tough circumstances, that right side was all new to the league and new to the game itself as well. West Ham were chasing the game while he was trying to keep possession to impress Unai. I don’t think those moments players can be judged at, especially new ones (let alone young ones). If he played first half for example when we were controlling the game while growing into it, I doubt he’d need to do such a mistake. 
Next is Arsenal, again a very tough opponent to judge him against. But I think he’ll be more than fine and I expect him to be more reliable than Cash. Not because Cash is bad, but he’s limited. 

Agree 100% and we need to remember West Ham have decent forward players so in that context he did very well for an 18yr old. Not many 18yr olds get PL game time 👍

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â