Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Certainly been the star of a fairly disappointing preseason.

I don’t think it was really a disappointing one. Knowing our issues help the manager fixing them, while progressing in getting reinforcements. Much better than a reality check at the beginning of the season.

Again gladly we play away at West Ham, we never win there anyway, then a tough Arsenal home going. So just incase we failed they’re tough points. But hopefully until then Unai will have checked how to get it right.

• Like 1

He had one wobble when a high ball came across field to the winger outside of him. The winger brought the ball down and Kosta went sliding past him when trying to recover. The winger then made a hash of his cross but it was an opening generated from a slight error on his part.

The fact that that's the only thing I can criticise him for across the whole of the game says far more about him though. He was exceptional. Can't wait to see him carry this form into the season proper. Can't see anything other than him having displaced Cash and made the right spot his.

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Apologies if I've missed it but ...... what do we call this lad from the terraces ?!!!!!

Kosta Nedeljkovic

• Haha 3

On 12/08/2024 at 15:30, StefanAVFC said:

Kosta Nedeljkovic

Give us a "K" ....... give us an "O" ......

I'll run with "Ned" then !!!

The management were willing to spend £8m+ on him in January to beat the competition despite the fact that a) he was unable per the rules to play for us that season, b) the Villa medicals flagged up some issues that kept him out for months & c) Villa were in pretty big FFP trouble with no guarantee that we'd be fine. Speaks volumes as to just how much Villa must have wanted him. Early days but definitely showing us why so far.

Edited by wishywashy

33 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Looked nervy understandably but made a crucial interception to make it a corner. There's so much potential with this kid. He will get better and better.

And a clearance from a head back across goal on a set piece. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Looked nervy understandably but made a crucial interception to make it a corner. There's so much potential with this kid. He will get better and better.

Yep. Was a fairly intense situation to throw him into but it’ll be great for his confidence.

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yep. Was a fairly intense situation to throw him into but it’ll be great for his confidence.

I'm a big believer that he will learn more from these mistakes and pressure situations early on. I think it's a big confidence boost that Unai trusts him to bring him on already.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Yeah the nerves must have been massive.  I thought he settled in pretty well and made a couple of good interventions as he grew into the game.  His pace is insane.  And he also seems to be much better at knowing his angles when trying to tackle back - I wish he could pass that knowledge onto Matty.

Exciting future ahead for him. It’s no joke coming on in your Premier League debut away, defending a lead and at a tough ground for us.

• Like 1

Him and Jaden on that right side at the same time was sub optimal, especially in the situation of coming under pressure for an equaliser. Both a bit nervy but they will be fine.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â