Kosta Nedeljković

Delphinho123

Has the same defensive issues as cash - over aggressive, not amazing judge of the ball, poor positional sense. But he's miles ahead 9f him going forward. Would much prefer him to cash if we aren't starting Konsa at rb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david-avfc said:

Some of the criticism of Cash is ridiculous, he's been a solid player for us in the PL for several years, you'd "much prefer" an 18 year old who looked OK against Walsall? I thought Kosta looked really, really good for an 18 year old but he has a long way to go to prove he is a first choice starter at PL level, which is a level Cash has proven himself literally over 100 times 

Cash has proven he's not good enough to be a consistent starter for where we want to be. He's a premier league player but his indecisiveness going forward hurts us when we are the superior team and his lack of awareness and positional sense hurts us when we are playing equal opposition. 

• Like 1

Yes, Kosta looks good going forward, but needs to improve defensively. Cash at this moment is still far better player and will be the first choice (or Konsa in some games).

Kosta has great future though, he just needs to learn to play in our high line and also improve protecting the ball in posession.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vazquez said:

Yes, Kosta looks good going forward, but needs to improve defensively. Cash at this moment is still far better player and will be the first choice (or Konsa in some games).

Kosta has great future though, he just needs to learn to play in our high line and also improve protecting the ball in posession.

That might be a big group, for those training sessions.

Has looked up for it in both friendlies.

This is where the coaching will come in, he clearly has the physical attributes to become a top player, it's absorbing the knowledge and using it. That's what will improve him.no end.  He is young and will only get better both positionally,  tactically and decision wise.

36 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Three goes at it so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong. He's calm, he takes responsibility, he's physically strong and quick, positionally good and decent on the ball.

If he is what he looks like in pre-season, we've struck gold.

I keep having to remind myself that he is only 18, the guy is gonna be a monster once he finishes growing 

2 hours ago, pete101 said:

I keep having to remind myself that he is only 18, the guy is gonna be a monster once he finishes growing 

2.67 on the Elphick scale already 

he looks like he has all the attributes and hopefully will develop in to a top player for us.

He also looks a little rash and hot headed defensively, which gets him turned or played over too easily at times, possibly partly due to poor positional sense also.

Only 18 ofc, looks quality for his age, a bit of a rough diamond.

Edited by MaVilla

On 20/07/2024 at 18:45, david-avfc said:

Some of the criticism of Cash is ridiculous, he's been a solid player for us in the PL for several years, you'd "much prefer" an 18 year old who looked OK against Walsall? I thought Kosta looked really, really good for an 18 year old but he has a long way to go to prove he is a first choice starter at PL level, which is a level Cash has proven himself literally over 100 times 

It's literally the same every pre season lol your kid has a good game against Kidderminster or Adelaide all stars and he's a better option that guys who have 100s of senior appearances at the top levels.

On 28/07/2024 at 04:22, OutByEaster? said:

Three goes at it so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong. He's calm, he takes responsibility, he's physically strong and quick, positionally good and decent on the ball.

If he is what he looks like in pre-season, we've struck gold.

Not watched a lot so far, only highlights, is he good enough so we don't have to play Konsa there?

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

Not watched a lot so far, only highlights, is he good enough so we don't have to play Konsa there?

He might well be - but, we've seen three (half) games of him against a lower level of opposition, there's a lot to prove yet. 

He looks really, really good though - other than Rogers, he's been the standout player of our pre-season so far.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Well he's behind Konsa and Cash for the position. He will get some game time though and if he's good enough we'll see more of him 2nd half of the season 

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well he's behind Konsa and Cash for the position. He will get some game time though and if he's good enough we'll see more of him 2nd half of the season 

Really hope we get play Konsa in his best position sooner rather than later, he's a decent RB but he's an absolutely class CB

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Really hope we get play Konsa in his best position sooner rather than later, he's a decent RB but he's an absolutely class CB

I think he's excellent in both positions. I feel with Maatsen and Cash in fullback Pau and Konsa are a little exposed as a pair. Depends on opposition and who we play in CM

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â