New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

Newcastle have absolutely no structure to their play whatsoever. No logic to playing away at Anfield at all as their players aren't coached or disciplined to play any way but they hundred miles an hour up an at em British coached way.it works at home as they've got the crowd behind them but it's suicide to play away as such away from home. Shows how tactically naive Howe is and how he'll get eaten alive but opposition and the press alike if he took over from Safegate.

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Unfortnately refs actively encourage it. You can get hacked to death in the box, but unless you go to the ground you will never, ever get a penalty.

Just one of many reasons that refs are not fit for purpose.

Now that I agree with. The refs need to get better and not encourage this bullshit cheating behaviour.

2 minutes ago, villan95 said:

He used to do the Pro Evo commentary and it was mildly amusing when he shouted "It's Gueyeeeeee"

You know what's coming...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

At least 50% of penalties are simulation from contact.

If Refs want to get any better they should be studying calls for penalties and understanding simulation, as it seems they have no idea not having played the game.

If I could change one thing about football, I'd have a really heavy focus on simulation, using VAR if needed. Far more yellows should be given for diving, and "contact" shouldn't be a defence, not every touch justifies a somersault.

But as we've seen with Ollie, the refs are so conditioned to expect embellishment that if you don't fall over screaming and holding your leg, they just don't give it, so in the current PL I don't blame players for chucking themselves down if they feel a foul. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Newcastle have absolutely no structure to their play whatsoever. No logic to playing away at Anfield at all as their players aren't coached or disciplined to play any way but they hundred miles an hour up an at em British coached way.it works at home as they've got the crowd behind them but it's suicide to play away as such away from home. Shows how tactically naive Howe is and how he'll get eaten alive but opposition and the press alike if he took over from Safegate.

They'll be anything but shit when we play 'em

Just now, djdabush said:

The penalty was about as soft as the one we won the other day but I guarantee that won't be called out as a dive on MOTD.

Course not, he was being "clever".

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They aren't playing like that at all?

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If I could change one thing about football, I'd have a really heavy focus on simulation, using VAR if needed. Far more yellows should be given for diving, and "contact" shouldn't be a defence, not every touch justifies a somersault.

But as we've seen with Ollie, the refs are so conditioned to expect embellishment that if you don't fall over screaming and holding your leg, they just don't give it, so in the current PL I don't blame players for chucking themselves down if they feel a foul. 

Fair enough. I suppose you can't really blame the players too much, but we really should have refs/VAR being harder on this sort of cheating behaviour. It is practically never penalized.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â