VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

On 11/09/2024 at 17:54, Xann said:

pdf_2be20e60-e234-012b-d4bc-0050569439b1.jpg.555ed290a85479e4057374659c790ec4.jpg

Caterina Valente, 93.

French Italian singer that became a worldwide star. Caterina became a familiar face on American TV with the likes of Dean Martin, but also with musical big hitters like Count Basie and Buddy Rich. In Germany she sold shit loads of Schlager tunes.

Didn't know this bit - 'Bongo Cha Cha Cha' enjoyed a viral revival after it was used in 'Spiderman Far From Home'.

Made me and my nipper sad.

• Sad 1

Roli Mosimann. Musician and producer. Came to prominence as the drummer in Swans and also collaborated with Jim Thirlwell as Wiseblood. His production side was probably his better known career, producing the likes of The The, That Petrol Emotion and many more including early material by Faith No More

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

US singer-songwriter J. D. Souther, 78. Co-wrote several of the Eagles hits. 

o

He also wrote Run Like A Thief by a singer called Bonnie Raitt

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Oh my.  He was the absolute star of that World Cup which seems on 10 minutes ago to me 😞

IIRC he was an unfancied stop gap/3rd choice squad member who simply took his chance and became an overnight hero at that tournament 

9 hours ago, mjmooney said:

US singer-songwriter J. D. Souther, 78. Co-wrote several of the Eagles hits. 

(1) he had a pretty big hit of his own here with this 

(2) he was allegedly quite the lady’s man in Los Angeles in the 70s/80s. What a time that must have been

(3) He was in the Souther-Hillman-Furay Band, a classic example of the sum being lesser than than the parts. On paper that’s a heavenly lineup (huge Chris Hillman fan here) 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â