VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

13 hours ago, bickster said:

The Duckworth of the Duckworth Lewis method has passed age 84

Did he reach his target date?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Shifty Shellshock, singer/rapper with Crazy Town gone at 49. Probably best known for Butterfly in 2001.

struggled with addiction throughout his life.

I remember that tune well because it was played to within an inch of its life at the time (if its the one with the RHCP sample that I'm thinking of).

Sad news though, sounds like he had a rough time with addiction and 49 is no age.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I remember that tune well because it was played to within an inch of its life at the time (if its the one with the RHCP sample that I'm thinking of).

Sad news though, sounds like he had a rough time with addiction and 49 is no age.

You’re right, they sampled Pretty Little Ditty by RHCP. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Kinky Friedman has definitely died. 

Dammit, another good'un gone. 

• Like 1

American actor  Martin Mull gone. Wouldn't have lnown this bloke if it were not for the film F.M. which I understand was widely panned. However, the theme music was brilliant !

2 hours ago, veloman said:

American actor  Martin Mull gone. Wouldn't have lnown this bloke if it were not for the film F.M. which I understand was widely panned. However, the theme music was brilliant !

Former World Champion high jumper Jacques Freitag 42. Police in South Africa investigating murder.

On 27/06/2024 at 12:24, Seat68 said:

Kinky Friedman has definitely died. 

Really sad. Texas legend, even though he wasn’t originally from Texas. Underrated musician and a great American character. When living in Austin I hosted a book-signing for his novel Elvis, Jesus, & Coca Cola at the Tower Records, where I was the primary buyer. I treasure my signed copy. When Kinky Friedman calls you a fine American it means something 

IMG-0080.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Former World Champion high jumper Jacques Freitag 42. Police in South Africa investigating murder.

Better check the alibi for Oscar Pistorius

• Like 1

Serious concerns over the hospital care of former Arsenal and Everton footballer Kevin Campbell have been flagged up by a health trust, an inquest has heard.

Mr Campbell, 54, died at Manchester Royal Infirmary (MRI) on 15 June after being admitted a month earlier.

Coroner Zak Golombek said Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust, which manages the hospital, had declared a Level 5 patient safety incident - the most serious category - about aspects of his care.

He said the provisional cause of death given for Mr Campbell was multi-organ failure due to a heart infection.

No family members were present at Manchester Coroner's Court as Mr Golombek outlined background details during Thursday's inquest opening.

He said that Mr Campbell had been admitted to MRI on 15 May.

"He had been reported to have been fit and well until around January 2024, when he had a number of admissions to hospital before this final admission,” the coroner said.

Mr Golombek said the health trust declared a Level 5 incident related to a delay in aspects of Mr Campbell's care and diagnosis, and concerns over decision-making processes about palliative care

link

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Movie producer Jon Landau 63

Not to be confused with the Jon Landau who saw rock & roll future and went on to manage/produce Bruce Springsteen. 

• Thanks 1

On 29/06/2024 at 11:16, veloman said:

My initials are FM and I am 100% no static at all 

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Probably a bit niche for most of you, but US singer-songwriter Mark Germino, 73. 

FFS, I only put an album of his in my Discogs basket yesterday

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â