VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

20 hours ago, Jon said:

Yeah that's sad. I used to listen in those days too. 

Can't have been very old.  

50 I believe. No age.

On 05/09/2024 at 22:33, Brumstopdogs said:

Remember listening to him on Talk Sport back in the day. RIP.

Wow, same here I used to enjoy his finance/business updates. 😢

Any word on cause of death?

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Wow, same here I used to enjoy his finance/business updates. 😢

Any word on cause of death?

Been battling cancer for over 12 months

53 minutes ago, bickster said:

Legendary bass (and Tuba!) player Herbie Flowers gone at 86

Probably best known for this bassline: 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Probably best known for this bassline

Tbh there’s loads of stuff including T-Rex but I picked Jump into the fire because Nilsson Schmillson is in my current playlist

• Like 1

RIP to an icon. 

For a slightly obscure performance, check out the TV movie the UFO Incident. There's something very bizarre about the idea of James Earl Jones, with that voice, being 'just some guy'.

Bit late to this thread (internet breakdown ) but ; Herbie Flowers ! Also played bass on Space Oddity ( I think) and was member of John Williams' "Sky Band". Great session player but might be considered a bit old fashioned today (no slap bass!). Not  many may have heard of this bloke but also gone was Zoot Money; he of "The Big Roll Band". Big favourite of my "Mod" generation; saw them at a club in Town called The Whisky A GoGo - corner of Navigation Street. Should have been much more famous - along with The Graham Bond Organisation. The Big Roll Band feature a bloke who did pretty well in later years - Andy Summers.

• Like 1

pdf_2be20e60-e234-012b-d4bc-0050569439b1.jpg.555ed290a85479e4057374659c790ec4.jpg

Caterina Valente, 93.

French Italian singer that became a worldwide star. Caterina became a familiar face on American TV with the likes of Dean Martin, but also with musical big hitters like Count Basie and Buddy Rich. In Germany she sold shit loads of Schlager tunes.

Didn't know this bit - 'Bongo Cha Cha Cha' enjoyed a viral revival after it was used in 'Spiderman Far From Home'.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â