VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

37 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I was going to say "Which one?" (He made at least 70). But I guess I know. 

It's the only one I own (purely for Clapton). Never could stand Mayall's singing. 

If Mayall could sing (and write better lyrics) he would have been a huge star.   With that said, try giving "Ten Years are Gone" a listen.   His singing is quite decent and fits the material really well.   It's why it's still one of my favorite albums.  It was recorded during his Jazz Blues Fusion period and the band is fantastic:  Blue Mitchell, Sugarcane Harris, Red Holloway among others.

• Thanks 1

Lots of pics showing him playing guitar; I never saw him playing that - only keyboards (probably a Hammond). Was quite a regular at the Whiskey A Go Go (later the Crazy E) corner of Navigation Street in the 60's. I used to practice to what I THINK was his first LP "Live at Klooks Kleek"  - or summat like that. Wonder if he was disappointed that former members of his band achieved more fame that he did; a bit like the late Graham Bond apparently.

• Like 1

Martin Phillipps, leader of New Zealand seminal Indie Band The Chills has passed away. RIP

I only bought a compilation of their early stuff a couple of months ago because this was on it

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Martin Phillipps, leader of New Zealand seminal Indie Band The Chills has passed away. RIP

I only bought a compilation of their early stuff a couple of months ago because this was on it

Heavenly pop hit is as the name suggests. Loved the band briefly. 

2 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Might be familiar only to those of a certain age or with an interest in the Vietnam War 

Good. 

• Like 2

RIP.

I knew he was being treated for cancer but surprised he hadn't beat it.

I only recently found out he's distantly a friend of a friend. Well, was I guess.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Former England batsman Graham Thorpe, out for 55 

That one hurts.  One of my favourite ever batsmen.  I know he was hospitalised a couple of years ago but nothing came out about what caused it.  So sad.

30 minutes ago, sne said:

I read that as batman...

We're supposed to say 'batter' these days - gender neutral. Not that I care, I have zero interest in cricket. 

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

We're supposed to say 'batter' these days - gender neutral. Not that I care, I have zero interest in cricket. 

Meh. Batter? That’s for pancakes.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â