VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Bob Newhart announced dead half an hour ago. 

Must admit I'm surprised he was still alive. 

I only know Bob Newhart through his cameos in things like the Simpsons, TBBT, I know he’s in Elf…I’ve not seen any of, what would be considered, his work.

28 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I only know Bob Newhart through his cameos in things like the Simpsons, TBBT, I know he’s in Elf…I’ve not seen any of, what would be considered, his work.

The two sitcoms he created are true classics, as are his legendary comedy albums from the 60s

• Thanks 1

The latest in the ongoing series of I'm shocked they were still alive…

Ray Reardon, pro Snooker player from the dark ages of the 70s and 80s has passed away

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Bloody hell. They're playing in Cardiff in September. That's going to be a hell of an achievement. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, psavfc81 said:

John Mayall. Legend.  Will get his album out tomorrow

This one hits hard.  He was the first artist I became obsessed with in my late teens.  I discovered him when a childhood friend and I were going through my dad's albums in the mid-seventies and he found a Mayall album and said, "this guy's a legend."  That album, "Ten Years are Gone", is still one of my favorites.  I started collecting everything of his I could get my hands on as a broke college student.  I was lucky enough to get to see the Bluesbreakers reunion at the Beacon Theater on Broadway in New York in 1982, with John McVie, Mick Taylor and Colin Allen.  A friend knew how much I liked him and learned about the show and bought tickets.   We were in school in upstate New York at the time and made a weekend trip to NYC to see the show.  It's probably my fondest concert memory.  The only other time I saw him live, in San Francisco in the early '90's, was with a new long-time girfriend and we made a staycation of it in the city rather than drive home late at night after the show.  I think we may even have consummated our relationship that night.  Many fond memories associated with this guy aside from his musical contributions.   I'll be falling asleep to his music tonight.   RIP John.

Oh, and I reluctantly had him as part of my VT Deadpool selection of all Johns a couple of years ago.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, psavfc81 said:

John Mayall. Legend.  Will get his album out tomorrow

I was going to say "Which one?" (He made at least 70). But I guess I know. 

It's the only one I own (purely for Clapton). Never could stand Mayall's singing. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â