VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

Sarkic and Campbell :(

I saw the Under the Cosh episode with Campbell and he seemed like a great guy. RIP

Absolutely tragic Sarkic passing away at only 26. Predictably I noticed plenty of social media posts straight away linking his death to the covid vaccine. As has been mentioned before in this thread as soon as someone relatively young dies the first thing the conspiracy theorists do is post their unfounded nonsense. Shame on them again.

Rip Matija. 

• Like 3

Only just seen that Jonathan Neesom passed away at the age of 72 four days ago.

Not overly famous but if you're into horse racing then you'd know the face if not the name. Passes away a few days ago at the age of 72

https://www.racingtv.com/news/racing-tv-presenter-jonathan-neesom-dies

Death of Jonathan Neesom: “He touched far more people than he realised"

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sne said:

Paul Spencer aka Dario G 53 y.o

Aaaaah nah - I got so many fond memories of Sunchyme including Brighton away a few years back, that one hits hard.

• Like 1

Edit: this hasn't been reported by any reputable news agency yet, so have removed until confirmed true. 

Original link was a tweet that said Noam Chomsky had passed away. Lot of people on twitter saying it's happened, but last news article I've seen says he's in hospital in Brazil, having had a stroke. 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Willie Mays, "The Say Hey Kid" dead at 93.

One of the greatest baseball players ever, in both hitting and fielding. 

Responsible for probably the most famous catch of all time--

The speed to run the ball down while watching it's trajectory and then caressing it into his glove, and then uncorking a mammoth throw to keep the other baserunning from scoring is still exciting to watch. His twist and fall to his knee and the hat popping off make it iconic as well.

Big loss to the baseball world. 

This will be headline news in Tokyo, Seoul, Havana, San Juan, Santo Domingo, Mexico City and beyond.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Willie Mays, "The Say Hey Kid" dead at 93.

One of the greatest baseball players ever, in both hitting and fielding. 

Responsible for probably the most famous catch of all time--

The speed to run the ball down while watching it's trajectory and then caress it into his glove, and then uncork a throw to keep the other baserunning from scoring still looks incredible. His twist and fall to his knee and the hat popping off make it iconic as well.

Big loss to the baseball world. 

This will be headline news in Tokyo, Seoul, Havana, San Juan, Santo Domingo, Mexico City and beyond.

😢 Brutal loss for the city and the ball club. He meant so much to both. This one is gonna leave a big mark 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

😢 Brutal loss for the city and the ball club. He meant so much to both. This one is gonna leave a big mark 

No doubt. When is your next home game?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

9 days. Giants/Cubs day game. Always visit the statue when I go and imagine I won’t be the only one doing it on the 27th

18 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I saw him play on TV as a Giant but really only remember that sad year with the Mets. Got to see a lot of Aaron when he was still pretty good but in retrospect it was rough seeing Willie that season. Kind of like Ali/Holmes 

He is truly the bedrock of the team their entire existence in San Francisco and it’s gonna be really weird for him to be gone. He was still a physical presence at the park almost up to the end and the overwhelming majority of Giants nation now has to deal with no #24 for the first time ever in their lives 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Even I've heard of Willie Mays. But I must admit I thought he died years ago. 

The Revolution Will Not Be televised - Gil Scott-Heron

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â