VillaTalk Deadpool 2024

Xela

33 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I only know them from the when Bart swaps the hymn music in church in the Simpsons

I Ron Butterfly - can hear it without even watching it. Classic.

5 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I know a decent amount about Iron Butterfly but that Simpsons scene is still the first thing I immediately think of 🤣

It really was at its peak back then, it was probably just a song one of the writers liked and just made it a throwaway part of an absolute classic episode that we can recite word for word 30 years on.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Has anyone seen rob burrow?  Is he alive?

52 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Rob Burrow has died. 

Best check I think :D 

• Haha 1

Everyone's been expecting in but Rob Burrow (and his mate Kevin Sinfield) are big BIG news round here. This is already dominating the local news media. 

16 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Colin Gibb - one half of Black Lace has died aged 70.

Gave us the classic - Agadoo!

****. Oh ****. I was going to see them on Saturday at Butlins 

Well OK I wasn't, I was going to be literally anywhere else even though my mate was promising me they would be the highlight of the weekend. 

Colin Gibb was an extremely quiet man, which is odd when you look at the sort of band that Black Lace were. I had a little interaction with him and he was always pleasant. During the early 90s his partner in Black Lace was Dene Michaels, never really liked him but Colin Gibb, although quiet, was a decent bloke.

My mate reckons there are a few Black Lace bands on tour. 

At what point is the band no longer the band but a Tribute Act? 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My mate reckons there are a few Black Lace bands on tour. 

At what point is the band no longer the band but a Tribute Act? 

There are 2 at the moment none of them have any original members. I think Dene Michaels trades off it but Colin Gibb and Alan Barton (now both dead) were responsible for the hits. Back when they played Butlins every week they would do a family set and then in a late club they would do an adult set. **** awful. Ridiculously popular with Butlins punters in the 90s though. 

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

There are 2 at the moment none of them have any original members. I think Dene Michaels trades off it but Colin Gibb and Alan Barton (now both dead) were responsible for the hits. Back when they played Butlins every week they would do a family set and then in a late club they would do an adult set. **** awful. Ridiculously popular with Butlins punters in the 90s though. 

I can't believe anyone would want to see them. Was amazed to see them on the bill even at an 80s weekend. 

Not a chance in hell I'd ever go so see them, and especially an imitation act. 

I'll be in the pub (dressed as Elwood Blues) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, withes_shin said:

Colin Gibb - one half of Black Lace has died aged 70.

Gave us the classic - Agadoo!

Shame , nice guy Tbf , I met him quite a few times in Tenerife 

6 minutes ago, Chine said:

Shame , nice guy Tbf , I met him quite a few times in Tenerife 

Yeah me too.

He was going the pubs and clubs in Tenerife. A great party atmosphere once you'd had a few beers.

Here's his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1667953526854719/?locale=en_GB

He posted this on the 13th May

Well all good things must come to an end.
I have decided to retire.
My last show will be on Thursday at
Villa Adeje Beach Hotel, in San Eugeneo. Thanks to all of you that have supported "Black Lace" over the years, and the thousands of friends I have met during that time, since we set out in 1975.
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â