Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

2 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's tight but it's doable. Early July feels realistic for a launch of something going in this late. I'd expect all future seasons to be earlier and with more "detail" to the designs as timelines play such a big roll.

I've worked on timelines where we signed teams for the World Cup as late as March before the tournament. Not too much call for Angola or Iran replica shirts though, so it's not such a problem!

Is it a much quicker process for teams/countries lower down the food chain who are having something more template-like? I guess with club sides you have the added problems of changes in sponsor too.

Hopefully with Adidas and Betano on board for next season too, we can hope for an early kit reveal next year, maybe even wear it when we win the title at Old Trafford in May…

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Is it a much quicker process for teams/countries lower down the food chain who are having something more template-like? I guess with club sides you have the added problems of changes in sponsor too.

Hopefully with Adidas and Betano on board for next season too, we can hope for an early kit reveal next year, maybe even wear it when we win the title at Old Trafford in May…

I want it sewn up before then

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I fully acknowledge that this is probably the wrong place for this, but I couldn’t see a more appropriate thread and I didn't think it needed its own separate thread. 

I am a massive Spinal Tap fan, so when I bought this shirt (2012? 2013?) I knew how it had to be personalized. My question has been this, for a very long time: how would this be accepted at Villa Park? Is it blasphemy to have the name of someone who obviously never played for Villa on the back of a shirt? Or do supporters get their own names on the back of shirts? What say y’all? And, please have mercy 😉

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

I got Bannan on the back of that year’s shirt when I was about 14 years old - arguably much more blasphemous.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

I got Bannan on the back of that year’s shirt when I was about 14 years old - arguably much more blasphemous.

He was on the squad when I became a fan 

7 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

I had Albrighton on the back of mine, still got it somewhere 😆

1 minute ago, Callum said:

I had Albrighton on the back of mine, still got it somewhere 😆

Same, long sleeve albrighton shirt

Probably in a box somewhere in the attic with my Delph and Delfouneso shirt as well as my agbonlahor England shirt 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I fully acknowledge that this is probably the wrong place for this, but I couldn’t see a more appropriate thread and I didn't think it needed its own separate thread. 

I am a massive Spinal Tap fan, so when I bought this shirt (2012? 2013?) I knew how it had to be personalized. My question has been this, for a very long time: how would this be accepted at Villa Park? Would I be pelted with rocks & garbage? Is it blasphemy to have the name of someone who obviously never played for Villa on the back of a shirt? Or do supporters get their own names on the back of shirts? What say y’all? And, please have mercy 😉

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

Absolutely loads of supporters get their own names on their shirts, so nobody would bat an eyelid at this.

Apart from wondering if you're related to Phil Tufnel, nobody would give it a second thought

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am a massive Spinal Tap fan, so when I bought this shirt (2012? 2013?) I knew how it had to be personalized. My question has been this, for a very long time: how would this be accepted at Villa Park? Would I be pelted with rocks & garbage? Is it blasphemy to have the name of someone who obviously never played for Villa on the back of a shirt? Or do supporters get their own names on the back of shirts? What say y’all? And, please have mercy 😉

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

I instantly assumed it was a Spinal Tap reference without even reading your post. Certainly won't be a problem, you'll probably even get a few comments about your shirt going to 11.

• Like 1

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

As long as it doesn't say TOWN or BLUENOSE you'll be ok

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

when I bought this shirt (2012? 2013?)

The 11/12 season kit, that is.  The year(s) of the Great Black Sock Controversy™.  What a time to be alive.

Got the home GK kit from that campaign with my own name on it, but, eh, that's because I was playing at Villa Park that day. 😁

14 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

[nervously side-eyes my Coutinho shirt from a few years back]

• Haha 2

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

You'll be fine,  majority will assume its your surname, a subset will assume you're related to Phil Tufnell but don't know how to spell, and a possibly smaller subset will get the turn it up reference and possibly even start singing "the bigger the cushion the sweeter the pushing" at you

IMG-0370.jpg

IMG-0373.jpg

I had this exact shirt with my Dj name on the back.

The only time I ever did that 🤔 not sure why I did and not sure why I never continued 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

I had this exact shirt with my Dj name on the back.

Hannibal Selectah or Jim'll Mix It?

2 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

The 11/12 season kit, that is.  The year(s) of the Great Black Sock Controversy™.  What a time to be alive.

Got the home GK kit from that campaign with my own name on it, but, eh, that's because I was playing at Villa Park that day. 😁

[nervously side-eyes my Coutinho shirt from a few years back]

Loved the black socks! The kits that year were some of my favourite we've ever had.

Â