Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

15 minutes ago, jayEm said:

And the kit that did break from that was one of our best this century

And a large reason why for that was it just a bit different so people wanted it. 

Couple of alternative options using the panels that Adidas use to make it look less West hammy... made with the rubbish tools I have on my phone.

image8.png

15 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

In what way?

West Ham haven't really had a kit like this with the full raglan sleeve in living memory. We've had this basic design far more often. 

Also the all claret badge vs our blue based badge says Villa to me. 

image.jpeg.e87551c47f08d23544bd4f1bcb90698f.jpegimage.jpeg.887782fe327f54277d177580341fa9a6.jpegimage.jpeg.4efbc032e03fe26675114b04546bc1d8.jpeg

agree, i dont think its west hammy at all

and that there's an absolutely huge number of people that would pay a lot of money for that old school one with a villa badge on it

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Couple of alternative options using the panels that Adidas use to make it look less West hammy... made with the rubbish tools I have on my phone.

image8.png

I like it when its alot more claret and less blue like this

4 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's been discussed on here previously with our own @NurembergVillan that the process takes longer than you'd probably expect, the design stage itself is relatively short, but then you have to get all the material, inks, testing, etc. and then produce on a massive scale. I believe Rob said the absolute latest for a design to be signed off for production to be completed in time for the following season is around December/January time, but ideally, you'd want it much much sooner than that, the adidas rumours began around December/January so it was always going to be unlikely we'd get an early kit launch. The 14 months Heck mentions is the ideal amount of time you'd like to give yourself, which hints that we're probably starting to look at the kit design for 25/26 already. If so then we'll hopefully get an earlier kit release next summer, and the new physical store should have be up and running by then too

a pre-June 30th 2025 kit+ training gear launch for the following season could maybe impact/help with psr...no idea how much revenue we'd be looking at but it's a fair bit I guess?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

image.jpeg.e87551c47f08d23544bd4f1bcb90698f.jpegimage.jpeg.887782fe327f54277d177580341fa9a6.jpegimage.jpeg.4efbc032e03fe26675114b04546bc1d8.jpeg

agree, i dont think its west hammy at all

and that there's an absolutely huge number of people that would pay a lot of money for that old school one with a villa badge on it

I really like that one on the left.  I don't remember them having that one, I guess it was when we were in the Championship.

2 hours ago, Callum said:

Swear Heck said it takes 14+ months to redesign the kits that are fractionally different each year?

It's like everything that needs sign offs from various stakeholders.

If Villa were to decide on a new sandwich every season the final decision/design would take months and sign offs from various corporate levels. 

A kit mock up could take 1 afternoon. Deciding on various fabrics, testing them etc takes weeks. Marketing campaigns take months. Manufacture, shipping etc also takes time. 

I work in an industry where I often await decisions from corporate that should technically take 3 mins. I often wait weeks for some bird from HR to say ''I am yet to review this''. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That just looks like an old school version of what we getting 

There are only so many ways you can cut the “claret and blue cake” as it were. Good argument for 2 year rotations for primary kits. 

Seems like that the designers do their work on second/third kits and the training and lifestyle ranges. 

7 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

There are only so many ways you can cut the “claret and blue cake” as it were. Good argument for 2 year rotations for primary kits. 

Seems like that the designers do their work on second/third kits and the training and lifestyle ranges. 

Oh I’m not complaining, just pointing it out. 

I quite happy with the kit we getting, despite I’m not a fan of having blue shoulders. but this one looks good to me 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The 14 months Heck mentions is the ideal amount of time you'd like to give yourself, which hints that we're probably starting to look at the kit design for 25/26 already.

14 months is a short run. The Adidas design team would've been briefed on all of the 25/26 club kits in January of this year.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

14 months is a short run. The Adidas design team would've been briefed on all of the 25/26 club kits in January of this year.

So the 7/8 month run we are attempting is really rushing things along then, even if it started a few months before we heard anything regarding adidas, we'd still be playing catch-up. Have you ever worked on a run this short?

2 hours ago, Teale's 'tache said:

So the 7/8 month run we are attempting is really rushing things along then, even if it started a few months before we heard anything regarding adidas, we'd still be playing catch-up. Have you ever worked on a run this short?

It's tight but it's doable. Early July feels realistic for a launch of something going in this late. I'd expect all future seasons to be earlier and with more "detail" to the designs as timelines play such a big roll.

I've worked on timelines where we signed teams for the World Cup as late as March before the tournament. Not too much call for Angola or Iran replica shirts though, so it's not such a problem!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I like it when its alot more claret and less blue like this

Always like when we've had blue shorts (on the rare occasions). Goes well with a claret dominant top.....I know it's not going to happen, but it is nice when it happens!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's tight but it's doable. Early July feels realistic for a launch of something going in this late. I'd expect all future seasons to be earlier and with more "detail" to the designs as timelines play such a big roll.

I've worked on timelines where we signed teams for the World Cup as late as March before the tournament. Not too much call for Angola or Iran replica shirts though, so it's not such a problem!

Really interesting thank you 👍  Silly question but does utilising some template type designs not expedite things?

We're seemingly going to get something with the current side slits and neck line that is used in other kits. To the less educated in design processes, you'd think that we're not asking for something so far out of the ordinary that it should be quicker than something fully customised.

Â