Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

21 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

It's Adidas, the only thing that's going to be "bespoke" is our badge and colours.

yep, when the likes of man utd and arsenal are getting templates its fairly obvious that we will too, they're really template heavy this season

the only thing that sets the clubs apart is what ranges they get and I'd guess the majority are just hoping we get a full originals range

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yep, when the likes of man utd and arsenal are getting templates its fairly obvious that we will too, they're really template heavy this season

the only thing that sets the clubs apart is what ranges they get and I'd guess the majority are just hoping we get a full originals range

Addmitedly I have no design/manufacturing background but I find it weird how long it takes when most teams get a similar template design with small modifications. Surely it's a case of changing the colours, pasting on a new badge/sponsors and then sending through to the same factories to make it?

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Addmitedly I have no design/manufacturing background but I find it weird how long it takes when most teams get a similar template design with small modifications. Surely it's a case of changing the colours, pasting on a new badge/sponsors and then sending through to the same factories to make it?

You'd think, eh? 

It's hard not to conclude that the people on our side who sign off on this stuff are just really slow and poor at their jobs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

adidas have introduced a new travel range and DNA range for arsenal

Arsenal adidas 24/25 Travel T-ShirtArsenal adidas Blue DNA T-Shirt

means they've got kits, training gear (which they split in to the player range and the coach range), the travel range, the DNA range, the adidas original range and the retro stuff

they're bombarding them

We won't get all that. Arsenal are on the highest levels of contract. Don't think we are.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We won't get all that. Arsenal are on the highest levels of contract. Don't think we are.

No we won't

There's some stuff around as to who gets what but then that also seems a bit blurred, the very top tier get long sleeve and authentic kits and maybe a women's kit too

Newcastle don't have long sleeved but do have authentic and women's, they also don't have anything in the originals range but Leeds do

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Black grey and white?

Better that black and luminous green for casual wear yes.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Now that is a nice colourway!

Platty, you made me do a double take there!

I misread it as corduroy 

Something for the more mature Villa fan in the shires! 😂

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

32 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You'd think, eh? 

It's hard not to conclude that the people on our side who sign off on this stuff are just really slow and poor at their jobs.

As has been discussed on here previously with @NurembergVillan a short run for the design/manufacturing of a kit is 14 months, ideally, it's much longer, they will have already started the process for the 25/26 season's kit.

We are attempting a 7/8 month run for this season judging by when the adidas rumours began to circulate, and the reason we are in this position is because of the Castore failure, which caused the need to switch manufacturers.

I'm not sure the club could have done anything different, other than possibly not signing up to Castore in the first place.

• Like 1

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

As has been discussed on here previously with @NurembergVillan a short run for the design/manufacturing of a kit is 14 months, ideally, it's much longer, they will have already started the process for the 25/26 season's kit.

We are attempting a 7/8 month run for this season judging by when the adidas rumours began to circulate, and the reason we are in this position is because of the Castore failure, which caused the need to switch manufacturers.

I'm not sure the club could have done anything different, other than possibly not signing up to Castore in the first place.

Come on now, you’re not trying to use facts in a debate on VillaTalk are you?! 😊

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

IMG_6790.thumb.jpeg.43c8b4421fcb98e9a2f6838cbaeb94bf.jpeg

I still think we’ll see something like this, but with a lot less tartan and claret and blue obviously 

Tartan would be cool, not exactly sure what this is. 

1 hour ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I saw his message and understand there are additional constraints from our situation versus others (due to our new badge and sponsors) so this is causing delays. I'd also understand that Adidas themselves may spend months/years developing new material technology or creating templates for a given year.

However at the point of Adidas having their preferred template for the year, I'd assume (possibly wrongly) that the merging of team colours/badges to said template would be quicker. When we signed up to Adidas, they didn't start from scratch at that point, they must've had a template already in works as we're seeing it in the Euros.

This isn't a complaint at the length of time Villa are taking, the new kit will come whenever it comes but my point is more I find the process odd. May just be that I come from a very different industry 🙃

• Like 1

14 months for mocking up a claret and blue version of an existing template and spitting out a prototype which can then be used as a basis for mass production just doesn't make sense.

If I want to order 200 kits tomorrow for my local club in various sizes from youth to men's to women's teams, based on an existing template, it'll take a couple of months max to receive - that's from choosing the colours, uploading badges and awaiting manufacture and delivery.

Appreciate we're talking about production at scale with a professional football team which is a different beast, however 14 months is just nonsensical. That would be the upper limit of a timeline for a custom kit. Not one based on a template.

9 minutes ago, est1874 said:

14 months for mocking up a claret and blue version of an existing template and spitting out a prototype which can then be used as a basis for mass production just doesn't make sense.

If I want to order 200 kits tomorrow for my local club in various sizes from youth to men's to women's teams, based on an existing template, it'll take a couple of months max to receive - that's from choosing the colours, uploading badges and awaiting manufacture and delivery.

Appreciate we're talking about production at scale with a professional football team which is a different beast, however 14 months is just nonsensical. That would be the upper limit of a timeline for a custom kit. Not one based on a template.

14 months is probably what it takes to create a new adidas template, make individual club kits and distribute it. During that time you have testing, you have different fabrics, you have teams changing small detail, you have shipping in 10s of thousands, you have the marketing.

It's a big job.

It's simple enough to stick Villa colours on a kit. But to make that kit, it takes a while. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

14 months is probably what it takes to create a new adidas template, make individual club kits and distribute it. During that time you have testing, you have different fabrics, you have teams changing small detail, you have shipping in 10s of thousands, you have the marketing.

It's a big job.

It's simple enough to stick Villa colours on a kit. But to make that kit, it takes a while. 

Agreed and that's valid, I was mostly addressing the person who said there's nothing Villa could have done to prevent late release of the kit this year, because it would take 14 months to prepare. 

Since we're agreeing that the majority of that time was taken to produce a template that is presently in shops for sale (Arsenal kit etc), then the additional 2 months of waiting to see the new Villa kit has to be delays on the club side. 

Which was my original point - we are just terrible at this shit.

2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

I think I’ll stick with the guy in the industry’s opinion over the shrieks of “surely it can’t take that long”

You can stick with whatever you want, however the excuse being provided does not make sense. 

I obviously have loads of time for Rob and his insider info and his timelines make sense for end to end kit production from inception to shop shelves - but that wasn't the point. The point is, if you have a manufacturer's template which has been on shop shelves since May, then it can only be Villa's fault that claret and blue ones aren't there yet. 

Just now, est1874 said:

You can stick with whatever you want, however the excuse being provided does not make sense. 

I obviously have loads of time for Rob and his insider info and his timelines make sense for end to end kit production from inception to shop shelves - but that wasn't the point. The point is, if you have a manufacturer's template which has been on shop shelves since May, then it can only be Villa's fault that claret and blue ones aren't there yet. 

So the “delay” (keeping in mind it’s 4 July and for the vast majority of clubs, there aren’t even leaks of kits) can’t be the complexity of design, approval, manufacturing sequencing, and shipping, but is instead the club just **** off on a revenue source for……reasons?

All the marketing folks just looked at those stacks of paper for approval of design that just needed a sign off, they knew there was an £8 million sales incentive on kits, and just said…”Who wants Thai for lunch?” and left it?

Sorry that I don’t believe “ordering a few kits for my Sunday league team” is equivalent to “launch several product lines for an Premier League team” but that’s just me. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â