Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

It’s not that 

Thanks, much better?

Probably using the plainest form of the lion/badge too right?

ffs Real Union are going to end up with a nicer Villa kit than Aston Villa aren’t they?

In all seriousness I think that’s really nice and hope we get something similar. Contrary to the post above if we get something along the lines of the Acorns nike kits i’d be buzzing…one of my favourite kits ever!

• Like 4

We should adopt Real Union’s black and white home shirt as our away strip, then make a parody of that Newcastle kit release video.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Steero113 said:

God almighty that’s awful. 

If that was Villa our media team would be getting mullered on here. 

I must be alone here. I thought it was great and it's made me really excited for our own launch vid!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 479Villan said:

I’d buy a Real Union kit. I like their crest with a yellow mark on a pale blue background. 

Funny, their yellow mark has a black border around it so that it's actually visible.

14 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I must be alone here. I thought it was great and it's made me really excited for our own launch vid!

I'm excited for ours mate yeah, just though the Newcastle one was a bit pants to be honest. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'm excited for ours mate yeah, just though the Newcastle one was a bit pants to be honest. 

Gotcha, understood!

I'm just hoping they don't get Gabby to do the voiceover :lol: 

• Haha 1

Why are we seemingly always the last club to release our kits?

It's been this way for decades. Different owners, different brands and yet always the same story. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's been this way for decades. Different owners, different brands and yet always the same story. 

That’s why. 

• Confused 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s why. 

Every club changes brands and still release their kits earlier. 

Also, even when we have kept the same brand we STILL release our kits way later than others.

It's not a massive issue, just a bit frustrating.

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I'd guess this will be the last year when we're so late in the cycle. 

Historically we've always either been changing the maker, the supplier, the badge, or the sponsor.

Bringing loads of it in house and sticking with Adidas, Betano and maybe even the badge for two years should see us have a normal release cycle for the first time in a while.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'd guess this will be the last year when we're so late in the cycle. 

Historically we've always either been changing the maker, the supplier, the badge, or the sponsor.

Bringing loads of it in house and sticking with Adidas, Betano and maybe even the badge for two years should see us have a normal release cycle for the first time in a while.

You could argue that every club has the same issue here (perhaps aside from our delightful badge situation) but still manage to get kits out long before ours drops.

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ll be here until the end of time

I always suspected that you were really Old Nick himself. 😉😂  Trying to subvert us all to one of the seven deadly sins at every opportunity (usually anger on this thread! 😜).

37 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Every club changes brands and still release their kits earlier. 

Also, even when we have kept the same brand we STILL release our kits way later than others.

It's not a massive issue, just a bit frustrating.

Everton have not not released anything after changing to Castore from Hummel.

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Everton have not not released anything after changing to Castore from Hummel.

Yeah I know there will be a few others it just feels like we are always so much later than most clubs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yeah I know there will be a few others it just feels like we are always so much later than most clubs. 

It's because we change so often but hopefully we sort out a replacement for Betano early as i believe betting sponsors are out after this year and we have Adidas for the next 5 years.  So should be a lot smoother transitions going forward.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I think it may have been OBE (apologies if it wasn’t!) reporting back from a meeting once who suggested that most of the time the release is not “late”.  It takes place when the club wants it to.  For whatever reason they do not agree with the clamour for an early release each year.

Edit: We wore the following year’s kit at the end of the 2000/01 and 2002/03 seasons and the issue became “now the kit doesn’t even last a year”! 😆

Edited by Stephen_Evans
  • Thanks 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â