Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Why are people getting so upset about a drop shadow?

Probably the same reason they rather have wifi/5G in the stadium rather than a dial up modem to share. It looks hilariously dated (imo of course)

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The N in Aston....I mean, would it have been difficult to centre the name

Short answer: Yes!

Medium-length answer .... the letters would require awkward parsing as the letters are not equally wide (or whatever the technical term is).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Because it looks shit

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

The N in Aston....I mean, would it have been difficult to centre the name

Last year's round badge and our 1982 badge have the same issue.  Yet I can't recall the same outrage about them.  Aligning the two As is far more important and as Aston and Villa are different widths due to the shape of the letters - if the N and V are aligned to the centre then either the As won't be aligned or you have to increase the space between the letters in Villa - which would just look odd.

Aston-Villa-round.png

aston villa old.jpeg

• Like 2

Wondering if the release comes on Monday?

It dawned on me the club are very much trying to manage narrative these days.

So season tickets go on sale and a few grumbles about increase and especially concessions... but wait, look over here, shiny new kit...

45 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Because it looks like a crappy PowerPoint word art I did back in the 90’s.  It just looks amateurish, I can’t believe a professional group would use it but here we are.

I wonder if the club will also release a blank out version of this seasons shirt … Just been reading they’ve released the 90 & 96 season shirts all in white … 

1990 Aston Villa Blank-Out Shirt

The new Aston Villa 1990 blank out shirt is based on the home shirt worn back in 1990 but is predominantly white including the Aston Villa badge on the left breast and the Mita Copiers shirt sponsor in the centre of the front.

1990 Aston Villa Blank-Out Shirt

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/retro-aston-villa-90s-blank-out-shirts-released/

available on our shop which says is still hosted by  fanatics 🤔🤷🏻… 

https://shop.avfc.co.uk/en/aston-villa-retro/t-20090815+d-0138328575+z-93-2426831238

Funnily enough guess the other PL badge which contains a drop shadow?

Chelsea!

FWIW I don’t mind the drop shadow. Makes the gold lion less washed out with the blue background and I don’t think a claret lion really works as claret in our badge just disappears on the kit 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

If you want a black kit then this is the winner!

Take my **** money

That would be one of our best evee away kits. Love that

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Because it looks like a crappy PowerPoint word art I did back in the 90’s.  It just looks amateurish, I can’t believe a professional group would use it but here we are.

Have you noticed that the current trends are all based on the 90s? Maybe the professional design group have more of an idea than football fans

31 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Have you noticed that the current trends are all based on the 90s? Maybe the professional design group have more of an idea than football fans

Maybe the 'professional design group' will buy them then.......because most football fans think they're shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There was some idle talk of something akin to Arsenal's No More Red as a community initiative. Whether that comes to pass, no idea.

41 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

There was some idle talk of something akin to Arsenal's No More Red as a community initiative. Whether that comes to pass, no idea.

No more Blue(noses)?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

One for the Things I Don't Get thread.  Blanked out football shirts, I genuinely have no idea why they do them or why people would buy them.

Do you remember that reply famous iconic shirt we had in 96? The one that every fan instantly recognises 

Would you not like to buy a blanked out version so that no one can tell what it is?

It's bizarre

That said I don't mind it so much for new kits as it's hiding the sponsor but for retro kits it makes zero sense to me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I can’t wait for the day when people finally accept the new badge and move on from complaining about it. 

You think it will be around that long?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â