Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

18 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Much prefer the new badge to the round badge. Just waiting for the usual posters to say it’s shit for the thousandth time … 

Don't worry, you won't be hearing it from me anymore.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Much prefer the new badge to the round badge. Just waiting for the usual posters to say it’s shit for the thousandth time … 

To be fair I think we're giving as good as we're getting on this issue in terms of how often we're supporting the new badge. 😉  For me the colour remains the biggest issue with the new badge (but not an issue that can be easily fixed as I think the obvious claret / gold is dangerously close to West Ham and harder to contrast on a claret shirt, and (personally) I don't like a claret or blue lion as much as I like a yellow / gold lion).  However, I think we'll come to see that the full colour version will be used in a fairly limited number of places.  And I do think many of the issues with it disappear (or at least become less obvious) within different formats.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I agree. The round one i dont like at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Me too mate.

It’s just opinion though, there’s no right or wrong answer.

Yep mate, it’s all opinion! Can’t wait for the kit to be shown! I’ve longed for adidas to make our kits all my Villa supporting life. I collect shirts too and the vast majority would be adidas!

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

I agree. "My first" Villa badge was Aston VillaLooks dated now of course, but I feel like the shield shape best represents the "modern", post-European Cup Aston Villa.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I agree. "My first" Villa badge was Aston VillaLooks dated now of course, but I feel like the shield shape best represents the "modern", post-European Cup Aston Villa.

My favourite badge. I absolutely loved this

• Like 1

Even if they announce on 1/6 I’ve got a strong feeling it’s not up for sale until later. 

I personally would like Dave Grohl to debut the kit that night at Villa Park just to be a bit different. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

^ That badge is horrendous. Nostalgia's a hell of a drug.

I strongly suspect that there is a correlation between wanting the round badge and having a nostalgia of the 80s and our succesful period. I don't know many youngsters who liked the round badge at all.

I was brought up in the 90s (born 1980) so that striped badge has some nostalgia to me... But I recognise it doesn't age well. Unlike the shirts from that era... 😉😎

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

I strongly suspect that there is a correlation between wanting the round badge and having a nostalgia of the 80s and our succesful period. I don't know many youngsters who liked the round badge at all.

I was brought up in the 90s (born 1980) so that striped badge has some nostalgia to me... But I recognise it doesn't age well. Unlike the shirts from that era... 😉😎

At least the round badge has a sort of timeless aspect to it, that with a couple of tweaks it doesn't look too out of place among the current crop of PL badges. Though I agree the clamour for it is based on nothing but nostalgia. You would think we've had a round badge for our entire history the way people were going on about it last year. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Even if they announce on 1/6 I’ve got a strong feeling it’s not up for sale until later. 

I personally would like Dave Grohl to debut the kit that night at Villa Park just to be a bit different. 

Would be some publicity stunt. Innovative!

2 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Would be some publicity stunt. Innovative!

I mean it’s not quick cut shots of androgynous models wearing the shirt while sitting on steps, intermingled with the players grabbing the badge and screaming while shot in slow motion…..

But it would get a huge pop and I bet Dave would do it after a couple extra pints found their way to his dressing room with a fat cheque for the charity of his choice

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

I mean it’s not quick cut shots of androgynous models wearing the shirt while sitting on steps, intermingled with the players grabbing the badge and screaming while shot in slow motion…..

But it would get a huge pop and I bet Dave would do it after a couple extra pints found their way to his dressing room with a fat cheque for the charity of his choice

100% agree. Great idea and I hope the club are reading this.

• Like 1

I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing about that **** foo fighters gig so I really hope that doesn’t happen 😬

• Confused 4

22 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's worth keeping in mind in terms of our release date just how many "Year 1's" we've got - it's a first year with adidas, a first year with Betano, a first year with a new badge and (maybe) a first year with a new sleeve sponsor (I haven't seen anything announced anywhere about a sleeve sponsor, don't know if we're just keeping last years). All of those things are going to slow the process and I wouldn't' be surprised if we're one of the last people to release kits.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m sick to the back teeth of hearing about that **** foo fighters gig so I really hope that doesn’t happen 😬

What an odd thing to be annoyed about.

It makes villa money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What an odd thing to be annoyed about.

It makes villa money.

Yep. Which is fine. 

Im just sick of adverts for it for what feels like about 5 years. 

I can’t wait for it to be over and not hear about it ever again. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â