Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

Just now, Killeen30 said:

I’m one of the very few who prefers the new badge to the round from the season past.

You are in the minority who are vocal about it. No sure how the quiet bunch feel 

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You are in the minority who are vocal about it. No sure how the quiet bunch feel 

First time I’ve mentioned it to be fair.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's worth keeping in mind in terms of our release date just how many "Year 1's" we've got - it's a first year with adidas, a first year with Betano, a first year with a new badge and (maybe) a first year with a new sleeve sponsor (I haven't seen anything announced anywhere about a sleeve sponsor, don't know if we're just keeping last years). All of those things are going to slow the process and I wouldn't' be surprised if we're one of the last people to release kits.

The photo of the advertising boards doing the rounds on social media included Trade Nation, so whereas that’s by no means definitive, I’d take an educated guess that they’ll still be our sleeve sponsor next year.

You’re right about the other things, though. Hopefully the Adidas partnership will be long and fruitful and our kits will be ready earlier next year. I also hope we finally manage to attract a sponsor that’s not a bloody gambling company.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

I think the point was that there are a few others of us who have been vocal in our dislike of the round badge and our understanding that the new badge (whilst flawed) is more fit for purpose and offers a better starting point (i.e. we're the vocal members of what looks like a minority but there's a lot of people who haven't really expressed an opinion either way.  So I think the point being made is that it might look like you're in the minority based on the number of people who have been actively involved in the discussions on this thread (and elsewhere) - rather than you specifically are being vocal about your view.

I am very definitely a vocal member of the "I prefer the new badge / brand" brigade.  I really, really, really hated the round badge from this season.  With a passion.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Ohhh, I didn’t realise I didn’t made myself clear.. yes this 👇 you’re one of a few of vocal people that like the new badge. Most (or the loudest) dislike like it 

2 minutes ago, allani said:

I think the point was that there are a few others of us who have been vocal in our dislike of the round badge and our understanding that the new badge (whilst flawed) is more fit for purpose and offers a better starting point (i.e. we're the vocal members of what looks like a minority but there's a lot of people who haven't really expressed an opinion either way.  So I think the point being made is that it might look like you're in the minority based on the number of people who have been actively involved in the discussions on this thread (and elsewhere) - rather than you specifically are being vocal about your view.

I am very definitely a vocal member of the "I prefer the new badge / brand" brigade.  I really, really, really hated the round badge from this season.  With a passion.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I wouldn't' be surprised if we're one of the last people to release kits.

Good to see Adidas keeping the villa traditions. Hopefully the sponsor peels off, the shirt is a sweat sponge and the sponsor logo looks like the name of a farm yard animal. 

Edited by villa89
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, allani said:

If you hate something you'll shout about it. I think the majority probably just "like" or will put up with the new badge hence the silence from most.

The recent badges have had what I would consider obvious flaws which I'm surprised that they made it through the design phase... the round badge having the lion being back to front (wtf), the new badge having the Aston Villa text being at the bottom and a drop shadow (wtf x2). These cause the vocal resistance but they're clearly Villa badges with a lot of the right ingredients so we'll like them in time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

If you hate something you'll shout about it. I think the majority probably just "like" or will put up with the new badge hence the silence from most.

The recent badges have had what I would consider obvious flaws which I'm surprised that they made it through the design phase... the round badge having the lion being back to front (wtf), the new badge having the Aston Villa text being at the bottom and a drop shadow (wtf x2). These cause the vocal resistance but they're clearly Villa badges with a lot of the right ingredients so we'll like them in time.

And the good thing is that on most threads you can shout and disagree vehemently with other posters - almost banging your head against the wall about "how can they not see this" and then 5 minutes later you'll read one of their posts on another thread and be in complete agreement with them.  I've had a fair few run ins with @Captain_Townsend in particular on this thread but on others we're almost 100% aligned in our thinking.  There are very few posters who are wrong on everything. 😉😜😉 

20 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Me too mate.

It’s just opinion though, there’s no right or wrong answer.

I also like it 

On 25/05/2024 at 05:49, Dodgyknees said:

Does anybody know if we will get the trefoil third kit?

We might even get it on the regular home kit for the anniversary

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

What's the blood clot holdup

Id assume the contract with Castore runs till 1st June so have to wait for that to expire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabby said:

Id assume the contract with Castore runs till 1st June so have to wait for that to expire.

Don't be too surprised if we're later than that - the Castore contract might be until 1st July.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Don't be too surprised if we're later than that - the Castore contract might be until 1st July.

Is that inside information (i.e. something that came up in the FAB meeting) or a personal hunch?  I can't quite tell whether the "might" is nuanced or a sign of being uncertain.

Edited by allani

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Is that inside information (i.e. something that came up in the FAB meeting) or a personal hunch?  I can't quite tell whether the "might" is nuanced or a sign of being uncertain.

It's a guessed 'might' on the Castore contact.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

We might even get it on the regular home kit for the anniversary

Also we didn't sign with them until much much later than usual for these things.

2 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Interestingly the monochrome graphic on the Emery announcement doesn't have / need the drop shadow and (I think) the Aston Villa at the bottom looks pretty decent.  The whole "badge" appears to have a better balance than it maybe does in full colour (which is a bit weird in itself).  So the obvious flaws with the new badge are less visible in different formats.  Whereas (IMO) the flaws with the round badge become even bigger when you're trying to do other things with it.  It's not perfect but I think it's a pretty decent starting point and gives us options to finesse it over the next couple of years.  Indeed the more I am seeing of the overall branding work that we're doing the more I am liking it.  Whereas the more I saw the round badge the more it annoyed / frustrated me.  I know others don't share that view but hopefully we'll get to a point where enough of the ingredients work that one element of it (allbeit a sizeable element) becomes less acrimonious.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, allani said:

Interestingly the monochrome graphic on the Emery announcement doesn't have / need the drop shadow and (I think) the Aston Villa at the bottom looks pretty decent.  The whole "badge" appears to have a better balance than it maybe does in full colour (which is a bit weird in itself).  So the obvious flaws with the new badge are less visible in different formats.  Whereas (IMO) the flaws with the round badge become even bigger when you're trying to do other things with it.  It's not perfect but I think it's a pretty decent starting point and gives us options to finesse it over the next couple of years.  Indeed the more I am seeing of the overall branding work that we're doing the more I am liking it.  Whereas the more I saw the round badge the more it annoyed / frustrated me.  I know others don't share that view but hopefully we'll get to a point where enough of the ingredients work that one element of it (allbeit a sizeable element) becomes less acrimonious.

Fair and the monochrome variations look a lot better for sure 👍

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â