Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

On 11/10/2024 at 20:03, FLVillan said:

Just got back from the UK and the obligatory annual visit to Villa Park.  My impressions:

Club shop has been very well done and is a huge improvement from when I was last there (2022).  I bought myself the new home shirt with a number 8 and the CL patch.  Bought the wife the new third shirt (she picked it out as her favorite).  Also got a pair of the dark grey training shorts - which are perfect for Florida living - lightweight with zippered pockets.  They will see a lot of use!  

Overall while I was impressed with the shop, it didn't blow me away - the history wall at the back is very well done and they certainly have plenty of kits and clothing.  The addition of a changing room is most-welcome!  I'm not a big fan of the adidas player-issue hoodies and sweatpants - exceptionally thick and extremely expensive.  I'd planned on getting one of the hoodies, but changed my mind when I saw them "in person".

One thing that struck me was a continued lack of variety on less-expensive (read: cheap) "other" merchandise, which seems to have plagued the club shop for about ten years now.  I used to go in the shop on my annual visits a few years ago and walk out with all kinds of Villa stuff for the house - bar towels, coasters, stickers, player pictures, calendars, you name it.  While they now have a better shop, I thought it was dominated by the kits, apparel and a massive selection of mugs and scarves.  I don't think I've ever seen so many mugs in one shop!  I didn't see a single scarf I liked (not that I need any more as I already have about 20, dating back to my first one from the 70's - a "silk" nylon league cup winners beauty... ). 

I was going to pick up one of the rain jackets but the girl working there didn't know "how waterproof" they actually are and with the way it rains in FL, I need guarantees!  And couldn't get a Villa collar for the dog because the one they have isn't big enough.  First-world problems.... 😆

It's always nice walking through the racks of "retro" replica shirts and saying "not needed, I've got the original of all these." 

Some lovely changes/improvements around the ground with the murals etc.  

No photo description available.

• Haha 2

On 15/10/2024 at 18:31, Dale said:

It's to do with the ranges that Adidas offers. Newcastle are a step up, despite no Champions League or cups since 50s. We didn't time our deal well. We'd have a stronger deal if we'd have waited till next season. 

It's pure bullshit.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â