Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

8 hours ago, Andy_10 said:

As much as I dislike Newcastle, that is a lovely shirt.

Makes me glad I ordered all three of those Villa concept trefoil jerseys from that chap on Instagram before adidas shuts that down. 😂

For clarity sake, they haven't stopped it yet. 👍

Where abouts?

• Like 1

So even my local connection can't get the new third kit in the pro size I want, and it's not online in my size anywhere I can find. My hope is that the club will restock pro shirts: online, which I know is not controlled by the club, there has never been a restock of any of the pro shirts.

Does anyone know if the home pro kit was ever restocked in store? There was talk about restocking training gear, just hoping that extends to pro kits also as I really want that 3rd.

I like all three of our new shirts. They are of an aesthetic quality I expected from Adidas, even if they are collectively pretty conservative. Which is why I'm not going to be buying any of them. Instead, I'm going to wait until next year, when I think we'll get at least one really avant-garde style shirt, and the others could be a bit more daring, too. I really want a proper collar, and I really want the original trefoil logo. 

By the way, are we signed with Betano next season as well? 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Surprised nobody is talking about these… not the greatest IMO

The in house merch feels flat.. especially When Adidas is doing some great stuff for other clubs. Our own made stuff gives me market stall knock off vibes 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The in house merch feels flat.. especially When Adidas is doing some great stuff for other clubs. Our own made stuff gives me market stall knock off vibes 

They could've found some friendlier looking blokes to model the gear..

😁

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

They could've found some friendlier looking blokes to model the gear..

😁

They look let down, like they’ve been told there’s no adidas stuff to model. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They look let down, like they’ve been told there’s no adidas stuff to model. 

"Just put the shirts on, you sock cookers!"

12 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Surprised nobody is talking about these… not the greatest IMO

I assume those badges are photoshopped on?

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

yeah not the greatest and nothing for me personally but i do like that the club are trying with more new stuff, this is own brand too 

Aston Villa UEFA Champions League Full Zip Hoodie - Navy - MensAston Villa UEFA Champiosn League Softshell Jacket - Navy - MensAston Villa UEFA Champions League Polo Shirt - Black - MensAston Villa UEFA Champions League Hoodie - Grey - MensAston Villa UEFA Champions League T-Shirt - White - MensAston Villa UEFA Champions League T-Shirt - Navy - Mens

Which begs the question, why are we not working 'with' adidas on these?

We could still do them in-house, you just have to send the designs off to adidas to have them signed off by their branding department.

For one, they instantly look better with adidas stripes, logo, etc, & two, they would force the in-house team to up their game & not knock out 15 minute generic bland crap that would be rejected if produced by the junior designer who has just arrived & given a task to test their initial levels.

22 minutes ago, Andy_10 said:

Which begs the question, why are we not working 'with' adidas on these?

We could still do them in-house, you just have to send the designs off to adidas to have them signed off by their branding department.

For one, they instantly look better with adidas stripes, logo, etc, & two, they would force the in-house team to up their game & not knock out 15 minute generic bland crap that would be rejected if produced by the junior designer who has just arrived & given a task to test their initial levels.

Rob will know better than me but that's not how any of them operate really though is it? adidas have their own partners and various ranges for clubs, we're seemingly just not one of them (bayern for example have an oktoberfest range out this week)

plus the margins are higher this way

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rob will know better than me but that's not how any of them operate really though is it? adidas have their own partners and various ranges for clubs, we're seemingly just not one of them (bayern for example have an oktoberfest range out this week)

From a graphic design perspective, thats exactly how they work.

I have worked with adidas, Nike, Puma, Umbro, right down to Pantofola d'Oro etc, etc, & I had to send graphics to them for the work to be signed off.

If they weren't signed off in time, the office manager got a boot up the ass from the owners of the company, so it was setup that good designers worked on their stuff & nothing bland, uncreative, sterile, generic, crap, etc was ever sent to them from the get-go.

A couple of our lads did some boot designs for Pantofola d'Oro too. I didn't do that personally, as it was a different department, but the same process was followed.

As for existing ranges, maybe thats the reason.

If so, then I retract the point about working with them, although not the point about what we have created being bland sterile crap.

We should be working on our in-house stuff as if we were working for brands like adidas & the like.

One would think that Sawiris should have had a word to adidas about opening it all up to us though, if that is the case.

Edited by Andy_10

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I imagine it's also to do with schedule again. We can't turn up late to the party and expect to have all the extras that Adidas offer

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine it's also to do with schedule again. We can't turn up late to the party and expect to have all the extras that Adidas offer

Ah, yes, that is a solid point that I hadn't thought about.

Fair enough. That makes sense to me now. 👍

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â