Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

I've just realised that there are actual differences between the pro and regular shirt with adidas.

In the past, I'm pretty sure that these have just been the same designs with different qualities in material, fit and some of the 'comfort' details (the pro had little holes in it to help keep you cool), but this year they are visibly designed differently, with the striped detailing on the pro extending further than on the regular shirt, I think the back of the neck is different too, and the stripes seem somehow bolder on the pro shirt - is that the first time we've gone that way?

For me it seems a shame to make a (very expensive) replica that isn't an exact replica of the shirt the players will play in - but it does at least give you a little bit of a status symbol collar if you're forking out for the super expensive one.

image.pngimage.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've just realised that there are actual differences between the pro and regular shirt with adidas.

In the past, I'm pretty sure that these have just been the same designs with different qualities in material, fit and some of the 'comfort' details (the pro had little holes in it to help keep you cool), but this year they are visibly designed differently, with the striped detailing on the pro extending further than on the regular shirt, I think the back of the neck is different too, and the stripes seem somehow bolder on the pro shirt - is that the first time we've gone that way?

For me it seems a shame to make a (very expensive) replica that isn't an exact replica of the shirt the players will play in - but it does at least give you a little bit of a status symbol collar if you're forking out for the super expensive one.

image.pngimage.png

@NurembergVillan appearance on one of the YouTube channels the other day alerted me to the fact there were differences as well (with the home shirts). The differences are actually quite significant! 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Got the dark green training top, had to size up as it’s very slim fitting. It’s an absolute beauty, buzzing with it 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Erm…

not sure about this one lads.

Nice colours but… the pattern:

lol, you're hard to please...😉

the away kit is too plain and you don't like this pattern

Edit: I've zoomed in on the pic and it's priced at £60 

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

I haven’t got a shirt since I was a teenager but I’m definitely getting some of the training tops to go gym and running in. 

Ordered a full set (shorts, top, trousers, long sleeve) of the grey training gear. First bit of merch I’ve ordered in years, and it cost a small fortune, but I know I’m getting high quality training gear. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, imavillan said:

lol, you're hard to please...😉

the away kit is too plain and you don't like this pattern

Edit: I've zoomed in on the pic and it's priced at £60 

Good to have standards… n not get ripped off! 😂

Ok hands up, who thought that Ozzy was asking, “Sharon, where’s my threads?” In the original kit release? And didn’t realise he’d said, Preds or knew what Preds were until told by someone considerably younger? Again I’m asking for a friend! 😀😀

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I haven’t got a shirt since I was a teenager but I’m definitely getting some of the training tops to go gym and running in. 

Jut don't run through town... mate. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Who is this gym you speak off and what’s running in a day to day context?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

image.pngimage.png

Not seen the away standard/pro side by side. 

however the home shirts side by side, there’s a lot of difference. As you pointed out the collars are the obvious difference and how the front part is constructed too. 
To me, the extra money is in the fabrics. They change the entire look. The standard just looks like a poly T-shirt, where the pro looks special. It’s hard to explain, you just know when you see it. It also fits people nicer (when wearing the correct size) and just drapes better. The badge is better on the pro. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Our training shirt in 2021/22 was honestly a classic. Or at least I thought so anyway

361465w-a00_0.jpg

Yeah I'd have loved that for a kit.  Interesting that they used to have Cazoo on the training kit but we don't have a sponsor on the new stuff, surely there is money to make there with the exposure of the CL.

14 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Ordered a full set (shorts, top, trousers, long sleeve) of the grey training gear. First bit of merch I’ve ordered in years, and it cost a small fortune, but I know I’m getting high quality training gear. 

Full kit rocket polisher.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Ok hands up, who thought that Ozzy was asking, “Sharon, where’s my threads?” In the original kit release? And didn’t realise he’d said, Preds or knew what Preds were until told by someone considerably younger? Again I’m asking for a friend! 😀😀

I did, but makes sense when it cut to the lady in the bus stop wearing preds 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I did, but makes sense when it cut to the lady in the bus stop wearing preds 

Blimey we’re proper coordinated on and off the pitch now! Whatever next?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, El Zen said:

That’s what’s it all about 💪🏼 

it’s a great motivator to wear them when active. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, El Zen said:

I've seen plenty of full kit rocket polishers in my time, but never a full training kit rocket polisher :D

• Haha 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â