Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

7 hours ago, FLVillan said:

One thing that stuck out for me watching the Crew match on telly was that I was watching Aston Villa - no mistaking us for Wet Spam or Burnley.  The kit simply looks like a Villa kit.  The claret and blue are fundamentally Villa.  The design is Villa.  Unmistakable. 

Getting to see it "in person" tomorrow in NY. 😀

I love these kind of statements, because I fundamentally agree, and I think most do to. Yet, I find it odd, because we’ve never been this dark with our claret before. However, it really does feel unmistakably Villa. 

are we destined to be dark claret and blue from now on 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I love these kind of statements, because I fundamentally agree, and I think most do to. Yet, I find it odd, because we’ve never been this dark with our claret before. However, it really does feel unmistakably Villa. 

For me, it is the collar that makes it, not West Ham or Burnley and quintessentially Villa, though the shade of claret is curious, somehow it's a little more 'old world' for want of a better description, a bit more of a Victorian era kind of shade?

I think most importantly though, once you've picked your shade of claret you need to get the blue right to pair with it and that's where I think they've really nailed it, where others in the past maybe have not, the colour balance is perfect. 

32 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

For me, it is the collar that makes it, not West Ham or Burnley and quintessentially Villa, though the shade of claret is curious, somehow it's a little more 'old world' for want of a better description, a bit more of a Victorian era kind of shade?

I think most importantly though, once you've picked your shade of claret you need to get the blue right to pair with it and that's where I think they've really nailed it, where others in the past maybe have not, the colour balance is perfect. 

Could have been influenced by our 150 year anniversary.

39 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

The collar is lovely, so simple, but so effective to the whole brand. The Victorian colour way, I like your thinking in that and I have to agree. And something that I’ve been thinking about Villa’s visual branding. There’s things that unmistakably “old fashioned” or “Victorian” to Villa. Our colours, the Holte End facia, Birmingham and our history. I believe leaning in to the old fashioned (Victorian) in everything designed related would be the right feel and really unique in wider football. 

The shirts execution does this leaning just nice. Darker claret, lighter blue, the collar and the jacquard. All what feels old, yet contemporary. So Villa. Love it 

hopefully we stay on this path, and never go back to the “bus seat” patterns ever again 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

hopefully we stay on this path, and never go back to the “bus seat” patterns ever again 

Wait for our third kit haha

8 hours ago, FLVillan said:

One thing that stuck out for me watching the Crew match on telly was that I was watching Aston Villa - no mistaking us for Wet Spam or Burnley.  The kit simply looks like a Villa kit.  The claret and blue are fundamentally Villa.  The design is Villa.  Unmistakable. 

Getting to see it "in person" tomorrow in NY. 😀

So this claret and blue is "fundamentally Villa" even though we've never had these shades before. How does that work?  Whereas we had a lighter shade of claret and a deeper shade of light blue for nigh on 100 plus years up to, with a couple of exceptions, around 2011. 

I'm also not sure why people feel we need to distinguish ourselves from other teams who share (adopted) our colours, especially by changing our colours from their original, traditional shades.  Personally I could tell I was watching Villa because it was a Villa game, the Villa badge and sponsor was on the shirts, and it was Villa players who were wearing it.      

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Yeah but the popular villa kits (1981, 1982, 1992-93, 1995-96, 97-98,) do tend to be darker than the average ones we had in that time 

Edit, that said, colours and how we perceive them is obviously subjective.  Somebody here is saying the Nike kits were dark whereas to me they were a bit on the red side.

If you look at any club's historical kits there is always variation down the years. For example, New Balance did a different shade of red for Liverplool

Edited by Captain_Townsend

Can’t wait for the training gear to be available. I bought a Benfica training top and shorts (Adidas, obviously) in Lisbon last week, and it’s really good. 

Yep me three my pro top is the bomb but I also love my boys kit.  Both materials are amazing.  They really have smashed it out the park for our 150th birthday.

13 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Thank you for this.  I sent an email earlier and had a really quick response from a William at the Villa Online Store to say that he couldn’t find them on the website, so was unable to confirm 🤦‍♂️

So the twitter AVFC Store account is only for Online orders. I think it may still be with fanatics as the phone number is. No idea why thats the case. I asked in the shop last week if they had a phone number but they said they don't for the Holte store. When they are in the new shop they will have a number. So basically you can't speak to the shop at the moment. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, El Segundo said:

So this claret and blue is "fundamentally Villa" even though we've never had these shades before. How does that work?  Whereas we had a lighter shade of claret and a deeper shade of light blue for nigh on 100 plus years up to, with a couple of exceptions, around 2011. 

I'm also not sure why people feel we need to distinguish ourselves from other teams who share (adopted) our colours, especially by changing our colours from their original, traditional shades.  Personally I could tell I was watching Villa because it was a Villa game, the Villa badge and sponsor was on the shirts, and it was Villa players who were wearing it.      

You just love an argument don't you....  I expressed MY feelings as Villa fan.  Not looking for an in-depth analysis of my opinion thanks... 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â