Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

https://www.homeground.london/villa

They did everything involved with the advertising of the kit launch. The badge murals, the ad spots, the teaser vids, the main vid and photos. 

seems like very little of the creative work was done by Heck’s team or Villa 

That's really interesting that they were able to nail it so well.

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

It’s what ad agencies do best. well researched and well executed. And very fortunate to get the Sabbath boys in it too

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Helped that they had a big villa fan on staff. What a project it must have been for that dude 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

They did everything involved with the advertising of the kit launch. The badge murals, the ad spots, the teaser vids, the main vid and photos. 

seems like very little of the creative work was done by Heck’s team or Villa 

I kind of get what you're saying, but at the same time, you employ these companies because they are good at what they do, so a smart person lets them lead the project, you don't buy a dog and bark yourself kind of deal. People who get too involved can and generally do ruin these kind of projects.

I'm sure Heck and his team would have set a basic brief to ensure nothing went against brand guidelines and then had the final sign-off on the project, but in my opinion, it's good that they weren't too involved, if you want creative people to produce their best work you have to give them the room to have fun with it.

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Helped that they had a big villa fan on staff. What a project it must have been for that dude 

Name em? Would like to check their insta

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I kind of get what you're saying, but at the same time, you employ these companies because they are good at what they do, so a smart person lets them lead the project, you don't buy a dog and bark yourself kind of deal. People who get too involved can and generally do ruin these kind of projects.

I'm sure Heck and his team would have set a basic brief to ensure nothing went against brand guidelines and then had the final sign-off on the project, but in my opinion, it's good that they weren't too involved, if you want creative people to produce their best work you have to give them the room to have fun with it.

Oh no, I’m not saying it to be derogatory. just stating it for clarity 

I’m formally an ad agency man, freelance now. I know the process. And yes the club will have some input.. but not what most people thought 

In this case, all the things we thought were coming  from the club. The teasers, the murals wasn’t actually from the club, but Homegrown’s campaign creation 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

So you're saying the club decided not to attempt things themselves with a hastily assembled internal team, but instead sought out global experts, paid them properly and trusted them to carry out a brief with the style and elan that they were known for?

Seems like the club done good.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91r6s0rxymohapzvec6n

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Same, also in Aus.

I order a plain kids kit and then an Adult Large with the CL badge and Watkins name and number. I'm guessing it might be the CL badge or name and number that has delayed it for us, but hard to be sure.

I ordered without name or badges. Typical of the crown to leave the convict island 'til last.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

So you're saying the club decided not to attempt things themselves with a hastily assembled internal team, but instead sought out global experts, paid them properly and trusted them to carry out a brief with the style and elan that they were known for?

Seems like the club done good.

If only they'd done that for everything on the shirt...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Oh no, I’m not saying it to be derogatory. just stating it for clarity 

I’m formally an ad agency man, freelance now. I know the process. And yes the club will have some input.. but not what most people thought 

In this case, all the things we thought were coming  from the club. The teasers, the murals wasn’t actually from the club, but Homegrown’s campaign creation 

I’m intrigued as to what you are informally. 

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Is there anyway to take the sponsor off the shirt without leaving a mark? and without buying a kids size😂

JD Sports have had loads delivered without sponsor but had to send them back as could not sell them like that!  I informed them of their mistake haha.

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If only they'd done that for everything on the shirt...

👀

should have, would have, could have. 

hopefully a lesson Heck can learn. Improve his own squad or outsource more of the work. 

I’m looking forward to seeing what else Homeground will do with Villa’s kit stuff. Away and third kit launches to come. 
if they are just as good as the home kit launch, I’d love Villa become their client for other work. 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

seems like very little of the creative work was done by Adidas, Heck’s team or Villa 

Heck deserves credit for knowing his limits. Sometimes it takes the biggest of men to step back and delegate. I suspect Heck is a master delegater

6 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Heck deserves credit for knowing his limits. Sometimes it takes the biggest of men to step back and delegate. I suspect Heck is a master delegater

Adidas probably said “we got this” 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â