Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

35 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

There would be a good few fans of my vintage (45-35) for that reason. There was a nice write up in one of the papers during the spring (it may have been the Examiner) about how it was finally looking like we were back in the big time and that there are still many Villa fans in Ireland of a certain age.

The Ryanair and Aer Lingus flights to Birmingham on weekends when Villa are at home are always packed with Villa fans but I would say the 2010s definitely were barren, here, in terms of us adding fans. Hopefully that changes now (if we went in for Ferguson from Brighton that would definitely help us!)

Edit, found the article: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport-columnists/arid-41386384.html

I did a lot of away games in the mid-90s through to the early 2000s and it always struck me that there were quite a few Irish voices mixed in with Brummies (plus my very southern tone).  A lot of the guys I spoke to started following us because of God but also a lot of Ray Houghton fans very keen to talk about THAT goal v Italy in the World Cup in the USA (as well as reminding us how England failed to qualify)!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

For anyone that went to the Columbus friendly or has seen anything online, were they selling kits there?

Watching on Villa Tv I couldn't see any new kits in the crowd. I'm guessing they weren't available. 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, allani said:

I did a lot of away games in the mid-90s through to the early 2000s and it always struck me that there were quite a few Irish voices mixed in with Brummies (plus my very southern tone).  A lot of the guys I spoke to started following us because of God but also a lot of Ray Houghton fans very keen to talk about THAT goal v Italy in the World Cup in the USA (as well as reminding us how England failed to qualify)!

Don’t underestimate the power the Irish players had in the 90s in fan pull.  Im from up North and alot are starting to come out of woodwork past 2 years.  Was stopped in for petrol on Saturday and my 12 year old had Villa training top on.  Some man from across the court shouts up the villa to him, really made his day.

In saying that, i rang around a few JD sports to see if they had new shirt in.  All said they weren’t going to stock it.  Haven’t tried Belfast JD yet though.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

?

I assume the Champions League Font we have gone for on names and numbers.

I don't mind it. It's different that's for sure.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

I assume the Champions League Font we have gone for on names and numbers.

I don't mind it. It's different that's for sure.

Ah, the old curse of the "It's not to my personal tastes therefore it's abominably shit" VT hyperbolic opinion trend strikes again.

It's completely fine as far as player names and number fonts go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Drop shadow? 😀

Could have gone retro 3D but maybe that does not look good in modern times!

Screenshot_20240729_123313_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Ah, the old curse of the "It's not to my personal tastes therefore it's abominably shit" VT hyperbolic opinion trend strikes again.

What on earth are you getting bent out of shape about? He said the font is awful, which is an opinion. He didn't say it's a disaster, sales will plummet and we'll be a laughing stock.

Personally, there isn't a single post 1990 football kit I would wear out of the house or a football pitch as I think they are all awful. Ours is easily one our best efforts for years, but I still wouldn't be seen in that gaudy, overpriced t-shirt. I'll still buy kits for my friends kits to support our adidas sales targets and try to convert them though!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Oh dear. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Just went to my local JD no villa kit in site 😢 

Fit should be the same as other Adidas shirts so just find the least objectionable one to try on then order online direct from the club.

• Thanks 1

On 26/07/2024 at 12:47, S-Platt said:

Pro Shirt size Small is tiny I like my tight fitting shirts but this is like a kids size 😜 

Medium arrived perfect fit now I am happy!

I was in Columbus and can confirm there were NO Villa kiosks anywhere selling merch.  It was kinda disappointing.  Last season for the USA tour there were pop up kiosks in the stadiums where you could purchase items from the various Premier League sides.  Seems like a missed opportunity to me.  The ONLY Villa presence aside from the team was a Villa kiosk at the entry plaza where you could pick up a Villa pin and 'Up The Villa' banner

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â