Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Nah, I've taken loads of shirts I've bought elsewhere in to the villa store to get printed over the years; names, numbers and badges.

I was hoping to get the champions league badges put on the shirt I bought yesterday from JD, so this is a bit annoying.

How will they know if it was bought through JD? Do they need to see a receipt to prove it’s not?

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

How will they know if it was bought through JD? Do they need to see a receipt to prove it’s not?

I assume they're only putting them on shirts that are bought there and then.

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We've come a long way from this. In more ways than one:

769cced5-c3d6-49a8-bec5-baa5ec33ef53.jpg

The beginning of the end. Seeing images like this remind me to be grateful for what we have.

• Like 1

We will be more valuable to Adidas next season, meaning we'll probably get a more original looking home shirt. We'll also not have a tacky betting sponsor. For these reasons, I'm going to wait until next summer to buy a home shirt.

6 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

The beginning of the end. Seeing images like this remind me to be grateful for what we have.

Going from Nike to Macron really drove home the point that we were sinking fast. Also just look at the players on display there. Chris Herd and Brett Holman on a kit ad is crazy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

We will be more valuable to Adidas next season, meaning we'll probably get a more original looking home shirt. We'll also not have a tacky betting sponsor. For these reasons, I'm going to wait until next summer to buy a home shirt.

The Betano deal is for multiple seasons.

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So the pro kit has the ironed-on shoulder stripes but the regular kit has them stitched on? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Makes sense to me. How many times do players where the shirts ? 

19 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Nah, I've taken loads of shirts I've bought elsewhere in to the villa store to get printed over the years; names, numbers and badges.

I was hoping to get the champions league badges put on the shirt I bought yesterday from JD, so this is a bit annoying.

Fair enough. I've definitely seen it before at Villa, and at Wolves (I  know I know, it was a work thing) where they've said they won't print on shirts not bought from them. But maybe it isn't standard practise

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My understanding was that this season will be the last...PLEASE

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So the pro kit has the ironed-on shoulder stripes but the regular kit has them stitched on? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

Printed on makes for a lighter, more comfortable shirt I'd imagine. Those stitched on stripes feel weird sometimes

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It's more expensive but the pro one isn't just a "better" shirt (and I reckon most people are better off with the cheap one), it's tailored to what the athletes need over 90 minutes. More stitching is more opportunity to chafe the players (and also fractions of grams more weight, though that might be too insignificant to matter)

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

My understanding was that this season will be the last...PLEASE

The last where you could make deals with betting companies, yes correct.

That's why we did it for 2 years now. Nothing to stop us using them as long as the deal was done before the ban.

12 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Two seasons, but not too long to wait.

(Although I have a feeling the adidas one is only for an initial two seasons too)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Two seasons, but not too long to wait.

(Although I have a feeling the adidas one is only for an initial two seasons too)

After yesterday I don't think we need to worry about adidas not being keen to renew.  There aren't that many kit reveals that attract that much attention outside the sphere of the associated club.  It will be interesting to see how much traction it made outside the UK (you need to know a fair bit about Villa to really appreciate just how brilliant the video and the concept behind it are) but I think it's a damn good video even if you don't get all the Villa references / in jokes. 

On top of that - although it was frustrating for those who queued and didn't get their kits - those queues, the volume of shirts sold and effectively selling out of the first run on most platforms are all metrics that will have been noticed by adidas execs.

I think we've made some pretty good waves in the last 36 hours or so.  Great exposure for us and great for adidas too.

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â