Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

Love it. Especially the colour... It is on the burnt siena side of claret. Simply lovely. 

I even like the badge, the embroidery looks class. The lion looks prepared to fight as facing the right way, and the drop shadow even works, makes it seem like it is jumping out of the shirt.

A future classic I think, just simple and on brand. The only thing I don’t like is the price.

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

What do people wear their shirts with these days, if wearing casually? Does it still go with a pair of jeans, or are people opting for chino style shorts or what? Might treat myself to a shirt this season for the first time in 20 years 

I only wear mine with MC Hammer style trousers and red clown shoes. If you don't too you're a complete rocket polisher. 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t have a problem. What are you on about?

I was literally just saying that your opinion shows that there are multiple opinions on what “our shade” of claret is. That’s all. It wasn’t a negative for **** sake

If you say so squire, I just didn't see any reason to say 50% of the fan base disagreed with me (which is not the "multiple opinions" approach you claim actually, is it?) if you didn't have some kind of problem with my opinion.  Perhaps I misread it.      

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Balls, I’m flying on Friday but I’ve already ordered mine. Damn! Ah well, I didn’t want to risk missing out on my size so glad I got it.

I saw a thing that said Newcastle bought 330,000 units from adidas, I wonder how many we bought? Similar you would have thought.

To confirm, they didn't seem to have the pro version, only the stadium version although I didn't ask as I was only interested in the stadium version anyway. 

They were selling pretty well, but had plenty of sizes left around midday and indicated there were plenty more in the stock room. I'd guess after the opening day rush most people desperate to get it will have done so before heading away on holiday, so you'd probably be ok...

Someone I met at the shop had a similar conundrum.... they'd ordered it online that morning (no idea why if they were then flying out the country but maybe a short break i guess...), then were wondering whether to just buy it at the shop and send the online order back when it arrived.... guess it's an option for you maybe. 

I got the non-pro version of it.

On the shirt itself, it's an accurate size, large fits me like a large sports t shirt should,  material is really nice, colour a real dark rich claret, blue not quite as pale as the photos make out, and the badge isn't offensively large.  Still aggrieved the lion is yellow on blue, and the double border looks a little pinched at the top of the badge so as to be barely visible from above, but to anyone that isn't as obsessed about the badge as a few of us here, it's fine. 

Not tried it in a sporting environment yet, but feels quite a quality material (almost heavy, but not really) so be interesting to see how it fares. 

Really pleased with it overall!

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The_Steve said:

I tried on both Adult Small and Youth XL at JD and didn’t feel a huge difference - I am a slim 5’8 lad with decent shoulders and it didn’t feel too tight around the head or shoulder area. First time I’ve got a kit on launch in years and glad I could get away with the non sponsor version. 

If you fit into a YL shirt as a 5'8 adult then you most certainly don't have decent shoulders.

Ordered the shirt in a rush and forgot to add the CL badge 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

This may have been said already but.... first shirt we've had in eons that actually has the shades of claret and blue both correct on the same shirt.  We've had everything from dark pink (looking at you Diadora) to maroon (Under Armour) and the blue hasn't been done right since Gary Shaw and Peter Withe were wearing our kit. 

7 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Started queuing at 1610, got home 2030.

Girl ended up in ambulance with the heat, it was roasting. They started bringing bottles of water out 

What was the temperature?

5 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

He said Mcginn will like the third shirt... Tartan third shirt?

That's been rumoured for some time.

There's some taran-like panelling on some of the adidas kits but I do wonder if maybe it's just the fact it's just going to be a very similar kit to the dark blue Scotland play in. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

That's been rumoured for some time.

There's some taran-like panelling on some of the adidas kits but I do wonder if maybe it's just the fact it's just going to be a very similar kit to the dark blue Scotland play in. 

That's my thinking, with our Scottish origins and being an anniversary year, a 3rd kit honouring the Scotland shirts would be appropriate
Would also look **** class.. especially with a silver monochrome badge

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FLVillan said:

This may have been said already but.... first shirt we've had in eons that actually has the shades of claret and blue both correct on the same shirt.  We've had everything from dark pink (looking at you Diadora) to maroon (Under Armour) and the blue hasn't been done right since Gary Shaw and Peter Withe were wearing our kit. 

Based on all the photos I've seen that blue is absolutely nothing like the blue of the kits worn by the likes of Withe and Shaw. And neither is the claret. Perhaps I need to see the real thing to see what you are seeing.

I heard a stat that 70% of new kit sales happen in the first month of a release.

The club should get an indication of how sale numbers are tracking fairly quickly.

There would likely be another increase when we play our first league game in the home kit.

Based on this I reckon we wont see the away kit until a few days before our game against West Ham.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â