Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

49 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Walking into JD Sports and finally seeing our shirt, in a claret I recognise as our own, in adidas was special for me. I’m not one to always buy shirts on release day, but the video today and the design convinced me to buy it. 

Special feeling to be back in the big time, man. Quite emotional in a sense.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If that lion is on the third kit I will need to buy. That’s beautiful too. 

OMG if we have that lion and trefoil on our third kit it’s Shut up and take my money!!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I went to Villa Park earlier, 3-4 hours queue to get in the store. Forget that. I drove to the Fort and got one at JD instead.

Where were all these people when by band played at the kit launch in 2013!!!?

JD instead?

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Love this...just made emi a villa-Argentina kit

IMG-20240723-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20240723-WA0002.jpg

My lad reckons the new GK top is sick, wether that’s means good or bad I’m not sure. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m going put a little caveat to this, all these photos taken under different lighting conditions with different white balances

our best bet to getting a uniform photo, is finding a press photographer that covers Villa matches, and get all his night shots at Villa park from each season 

same lighting, same camera/brand, same camera settings 

or get a collector to get the kits all together in one picture 

This is very true, the same colour can look wildly different depending upon the lighting of a picture and numerous other aspects, including whatever is next to that colour, for example, the shade of blue next to the claret can also dictate how light or dark a particular shade of claret appears. Then we are all looking at these images on different devices, different screens, with different settings, with different lighting around us, without even considering how we individually perceive colours on a physiological and psychological level.

It's curious that so many seem to have a very definite idea of which claret they prefer, and that they seem to be linked to periods of relative success on the pitch, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just interesting that the association of colour and success seem so intrinsically linked. It's similar to the round badge debate in that regard.

Quite like the shade I'm seeing, would be nice if we could stick to a manufacturer and keep these colours consistently for a while at least.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, El Segundo said:

And I have a different opinion to them, so what's your problem.  And we did have a defined shade of claret until Macron changed it.   That's my point.  

I don’t have a problem. What are you on about?

I was literally just saying that your opinion shows that there are multiple opinions on what “our shade” of claret is. That’s all. It wasn’t a negative for **** sake

Edited by Stevo985

1 minute ago, mark359 said:

My friends dad got to feature in this. He does a bit of background acting but when he turn up they decided to feature him! He said Emi was a quality bloke
6b5010b2-6b7b-4acb-a2e7-2cb81cfb69f8.thumb.jpeg.4dc7e4d32cd14c51a48f0ca4cb7be7f7.jpeg

If you are on X - I would let the hundreds of people know who are trying to figure it out! Many Geezer Butler suggestions 😂

5 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

This is very true, the same colour can look wildly different depending upon the lighting of a picture and numerous other aspects, including whatever is next to that colour, for example, the shade of blue next to the claret can also dictate how light or dark a particular shade of claret appears. Then we are all looking at these images on different devices, different screens, with different settings, with different lighting around us, without even considering how we individually perceive colours on a physiological and psychological level.

It's curious that so many seem to have a very definite idea of which claret they prefer, and that they seem to be linked to periods of relative success on the pitch, and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just interesting that the association of colour and success seem so intrinsically linked. It's similar to the round badge debate in that regard.

Quite like the shade I'm seeing, would be nice if we could stick to a manufacturer and keep these colours consistently for a while at least.

It’s like kits in general, some of the biggest fan favourites are from our successful periods. That kit colours become the one. 

Yet the Asics/ muller kit colours would definitely not go down well now. 

1 minute ago, Walmley_Villa said:

If you are on X - I would let the hundreds of people know who are trying to figure it out! Many Geezer Butler suggestions 😂

I thought it was Mark Lawrenson 

3 minutes ago, mark359 said:

My friends dad got to feature in this. He does a bit of background acting but when he turn up they decided to feature him! He said Emi was a quality bloke
6b5010b2-6b7b-4acb-a2e7-2cb81cfb69f8.thumb.jpeg.4dc7e4d32cd14c51a48f0ca4cb7be7f7.jpeg

I was thinking he was some random celebrity that I didn’t know who he was. 

turns out I just didn’t know who he was 

cheers

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, mark359 said:

It’s really great to know more fans to got to feature in the video 

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Just ordered myself and my lad the new top. Figured we don't play in the Champions League every season so why not. 

That’s what it’s about. You can be proud to add that to the collection and know it was the year we made it finally. It’s all worth it for those moments. 

4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s like kits in general, some of the biggest fan favourites are from our successful periods. That kit colours become the one. 

Yet the Asics/ muller kit colours would definitely not go down well now. 

Indeed, would the Luke kit be so popular if we finished mid-table in the Championship? Not likely, would the more reddish claret be popular if we were bobbins in the late 70's/early 80's?

It's interesting, with my designer hat on I actually quite liked some of the Under Armour stuff, but it's been tarnished by the association of being part of a pretty sorry period on the pitch, the Macron stuff was fine as well, but we got relegated in it, so it's never going to win any favourite kit competitions.

12 minutes ago, mark359 said:

Mystery solved!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Indeed, would the Luke kit be so popular if we finished mid-table in the Championship? Not likely, would the more reddish claret be popular if we were bobbins in the late 70's/early 80's?

It's interesting, with my designer hat on I actually quite liked some of the Under Armour stuff, but it's been tarnished by the association of being part of a pretty sorry period on the pitch, the Macron stuff was fine as well, but we got relegated in it, so it's never going to win any favourite kit competitions.

I really liked the white Under Armour kit that year. 

For me, the first shirt I ever owned was the 96 home kit, money wasn’t easy to come by, but my mum worked hard to get it and it also coincided with our league cup success, and whilst the claret looks different under the lighting, seeing the new kit with Adidas took me back to that time in my youth. And now, in 2024, we are in the Champions League and that awe and sense of pride just hits on a very different but beautiful level. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â