Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 2024/25

est1874

3 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

The claret that was used, apart from couple of deviations in the 90s and early noughties , up  to the end of the Nike contract, wasn't what I would call a darker shade. It leaned more towards the brighter side of claret, a bit more reddish.  As per 90% of the retro kits available.  Those are the colours I fell in love with in 1965.  As far as I'm concerned, that's our shade of claret, not this one, and ideally we should revert to it.  Really not sure why this Macron version of claret has taken over.     

But half the fan base have a different opinion to you. Which is my point really. 

We don’t have a defined shade of claret

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But half the fan base have a different opinion to you. Which is my point really. 

We don’t have a defined shade of claret

And I have a different opinion to them, so what's your problem.  And we did have a defined shade of claret until Macron changed it.   That's my point.  

Edited by El Segundo

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

And I have a different opinion to them, so what's your problem.  And we did have until Macron changed it.   That's my point.

I have to interject here. The new Adidas claret is nothing like the claret used on the Macron kits.

image.png.5192f24e58de4bf546c0312406030cc2.png

Macron kits were bright red/purple. The Adidas claret is far less saturated and, to a degree, muted. The blue is also far less saturated.

Macron kits, to me, feel almost cartoonish by comparison.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I find it funny that for years and years people moaned that the claret was too purple and pinky and should be darker. 

And when we finally get a shirt that’s a darker shade people moan about that. 

It really shows that there is no “right” shade of claret. We all have different opinions as to what it should be. 

It’s why, like it or not, I hope the club make this shade our shade. Stick with it for years, make sure the claret everywhere else matches. Give us an actual colour that people will know to be our shade of claret 

To be fair, claret is a hard colour to define. 

its part of the “wine” colours to me with burgundy and Maroon. They’re all interchangeable in name compared to the colour. 

124904_icolorpalette.svg
They are all claret, they are all burgundy and all maroon. 

Take your pick which is correct, because it’s wrong to someone else 😂

what is needed, is a definite “Villa Claret” that’s unmistakably ours and just run with it, despite the critics 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I have to interject here. The new Adidas claret is nothing like the claret used on the Macron kits.

Macron kits were bright red/purple. The Adidas claret is far less saturated and, to a degree, muted. The blue is also far less saturated.

When you show them side-by-side like that, the new one looks so classy. Beautiful.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

When you show them side-by-side like that, the new one looks so classy. Beautiful.

I have to agree. I might actually get this one now ive seen how nice this shade of claret is comparedto old ones. All depends on what villa away kits look like

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

You want purple? I’ll give you purple:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

image.png.16aa05e099eb077f568a70eec5b3fbbc.png

That photo of the Macron kit isn't how I remember it in real life.  Certainly the blue was much more "washed out" than is shown in that photo, and i remember the claret being more purply and darker.   Photos can be deceptive - hopefully the new kit looks better in the flesh as well.  Luke got the colours right-ish for me. 

Just my opinion but I think that over the last 12 years or so the colours generally have moved away from what they had been for at least 50 years previously, and probably for the 50 or 60 years before that.  Perhaps younger fans aren't so attached to that.  That's fair enough, but I'd prefer we revert to traditional shades.   

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Petition for moderators to introduce a vomit react just so I can use it on this post.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9185b0t68xgq4y3kr3ji

I believe I’m safe in saying that every would think this isn’t “Villa Claret” 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

I went to Villa Park earlier, 3-4 hours queue to get in the store. Forget that. I drove to the Fort and got one at JD instead.

Where were all these people when by band played at the kit launch in 2013!!!?

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You can really see the difference in that colour. The new one is a lot nicer claret and feels more villa. I thought i would see how it looked next to the luke kit

IMG_20240723_143618.jpg

Colours kinda match, Tammy signing incoming :detect:

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â